Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isellpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On both models the front doors and windows are operational. The rear window switches are dummy switches. I found a couple on ebay pretty cheap. The wiring harness is still there, just pull the panel and pop them in place. On the rear doors the door handle linkage is removed as well. I had to get those from the dealer, just one piece per side. Easy install. I think it was about 8 bucks each.
Both rear doors and windows are fully functional now.

One other thing I ran into on the rear was that although they put in the original (still new) back seat, there were no seat belts. LOL. What I found was that they were installed at the factory but were left behind the side pillar covers, still neatly zip tied. This was because they put in the prisoner cage and partitions at wherever agency they wind up at. All I had to do was order the anchor bolts(which are special bolts, don't use standard bolts). Again, easy and surprising fix.

Shoot, I passed on 2 really nice, low mileage PPV's due to the rear window/lock control issues. I had no idea the wiring was still there.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have an 08 ppv and i wanted to reprogram the drl and the security system i go crazy every time i lock my that i have to double check it due to no lights or horns operating when locking/unlocking so i saw a guy that said,yup you have the police mode on and i can cancel that ??? Is that right and if he cancels the police mode what would i loose gain ?

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
My 2011 has the same set up. Although my key fob has all the buttons, only the lock/unlock and rear hatch buttons work. My headlights auto-on only works with the dash lights.
Some can be reprogrammed at the dealer with their Tech2 thingamajig. I took it in to have them reprogram it and turn the auto-on for the headlights back on and they said they couldn't and they would have to call GM. While they were plugged in they also messed up my tune (my fault for not uploading the original file back before I dropped it off...dooh!). Lol. I decided to leave it as is. I don't miss the lights flashing or the stupid horn blip. Turning on the headlights manually is second nature at this point so no biggie. There's lots of quirks with the PPV/SSV's but they are freaking awesome, especially for the price.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are 100% right i guess ill leave it in the stealth mode lool

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the biggest tires I can put on my 2011 SSV? I just found an amazing deal on a set of 2015 Tahoe 18” wheels and tires (275 x65 18). My biggest concern is tire rubbing with the lowered ride height. Anyone have any experience? I also have a stock 2006 Avalanche that could be an option as well, but I would prefer them on the Tahoe!

Thanks for any help!

Eric

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the biggest tires I can put on my 2011 SSV? I just found an amazing deal on a set of 2015 Tahoe 18” wheels and tires (275 x65 18). My biggest concern is tire rubbing with the lowered ride height. Anyone have any experience? I also have a stock 2006 Avalanche that could be an option as well, but I would prefer them on the Tahoe!

Thanks for any help!

Eric

SSV isn't lowered. Do you have a SSV or a PPV? Measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well and give us the result in inches.

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SSV isn't lowered. Do you have a SSV or a PPV? Measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well and give us the result in inches.

I have the 4wd SSV. Pass front is 34", Pass rear is 37", Dr front is 34.5", Dr rear is 38". The truck had been in a pass side accident. Didn't realize how bad it was off. Guess I'll have to figure out what it should be and see what I can adjust.

Eric

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, I meant to post before, not sure if this is general knowledge or not, but all GM vehicles come with remote start ability now. I have a buddy who works there. I bought some remote start key fobs on eBay and he just turned on the remote start calibration and programed them for me. Super easy. Any dealership could do it. He also uploaded my new Cal to GM's database, so if I have to go to the dealer for any issues where they reflash, I won't lose anything.

I also did the Airaid Junior CAI pipe and filter kit and a BBP tune. What a huge difference! I was very lucky that Justin was in my area the week after I bought it and had an open slot for me.

dkwilson16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am needing to replace all my PPV shocks (my ride is horrible in combination with my 24"s).

Can someone advise what my best route is on gaining ride quality?
Do I just go back with the shocks/struts that the dealership has quoted me, or is there an aftermarket brand that fits and may be better? Any preferred vendors here that can help?
Anything else I can do to make the ride better (that won't cost an arm and a leg)? Someone mentioned replacing the jounce pads? Expensive?

The shocks/struts the dealership quoted me are:
Front: GM part # 20765177 ($222.32 each)
Rear: GM part # 25871234 ($112.78 each)

Thanks

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dkw,
If you liked the factory ride, email gmpartsdirect dot com. Give them your VIN and they will give you the exact replacement part per your VIN. They will also give you a better price than the dealer.

Aftermarket, Bell Tech adjustable struts seem to be popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons