Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtrucks84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Ive been reading this site for a while now and love it. I like how a community can answer most questions and just love shooting the breeze with each other.

Does anyone know how much the PPV is lowered compared to stock tahoe?
Does the carpet in standard tahoes come in black, where can it be ordered from?

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its close to a 2/3 drop.

The black carpet is probably gonna have to come from the dealership.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Well dont exactly know how much is lowered from the stock tahoe. Looks like a 2/3 drop to me. Another member on here had a problem getting the ebony carpet. He even tried the dealer and they said that they didnt have it. Try looking on ebay. Although I have only seen the third row carpet in ebony.

DiscordInc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the SSV (4WD) police package is lowered 3 inches from regular Tahoe

the PPV (2WD) police package is lowered 4 inches from the regular Tahoe ride height

Bobbygiles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I watched 2 of these Police Tahoes (2008) sell this morning at auction. One went for $7500 w/115K miles and other went for 8k w/108K miles.. I thought It was pretty cheap. But the inside was very bare (no center console exc..). Anyway, I wounder how they Mod out the motors for these units?

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched 2 of these Police Tahoes (2008) sell this morning at auction. One went for $7500 w/115K miles and other went for 8k w/108K miles.. I thought It was pretty cheap. But the inside was very bare (no center console exc..). Anyway, I wounder how they Mod out the motors for these units?
To the best of my knowledge there is nothing done to the engine of a police model Tahoe. I am just assuming this because there was nothing really done to the motor in the Crown Vics. The suspension is the biggest thing, and they are put on a pretty heavy diet compared to the "civilian" Tahoe. The top speed limiter is removed for sure also.

DiscordInc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what do you mean by Mod out the motors? like, change things or take things out to make it less then the police would have? From what ive heard fro talking to some guys ( im hunting for a decent SSV myself ) they dont change anything, except take out the EVP (emergency vehicle procession) ,sirens, any red or blue colored lighting, cages and official signage. lots of departments leave laptop mounts lighting air horns wig wags center consols, blah blah blah. but ive never heard of the changeing or moding anything in the engine, transmission or suspension.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by Mod out the motors? like, change things or take things out to make it less then the police would have? From what ive heard fro talking to some guys ( im hunting for a decent SSV myself ) they dont change anything, except take out the EVP (emergency vehicle procession) ,sirens, any red or blue colored lighting, cages and official signage. lots of departments leave laptop mounts lighting air horns wig wags center consols, blah blah blah. but ive never heard of the changeing or moding anything in the engine, transmission or suspension.
Well if you look at a police Tahoe you will notice it is lower, so there is obviously something different with the suspension. And I am pretty positive the top speed limiter is removed as well.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't ever picture a Tahoe being a great vehicle for any sort of road handling testing, it is a pretty big SUV.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that they have Pedders lowering springs on the PPV Tahoes and they look low but I really dont think they are 4 inches lower. I think they have smaller diameter tires also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts

Latest posts