Tahoe PPV Deflector installed on 15 Suburban (shorter lower valance that comes on Police model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well. I have a 15 Denali, and as much as cutting thenstocker is an option, getting the PPV version is wife approved.
But only if it fits correctly.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well. I have a 15 Denali, and as much as cutting thenstocker is an option, getting the PPV version is wife approved.
But only if it fits correctly.
big time the wife tells me I better not cut it

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing. Actually not funny at all really.
I was talking to the wife about the ppv lip/cutting the stock one, and the reasons for it, while on a walk.

We get home and I want to point out how the factory one sits so much lower than the side steps and how it looks silly.

I see the airdamn is all scraped on the passenger side. I was under it the other day installing the metal skid plates so I know it wasn't that way then.

The wife finally 'fesses up that she didn't slow down for a steep driveway and just nailed it because she was late for a a hair appt.

Needless to say I was a little pissed. She has been known to hit both tires on the same side of the car on sidewalk curbs, causing flats, and to keep driving. And hit walls... basically hits everything your not supposed to hit...and doesn't realize
It... or doesn't care.

She doesn't pay much attention or care. Pisses me off.

And she wonders why I won't let her drive one of our cars.

Anyways. I'm cutting that shit now. She has exhausted her vote in the matter.

She asked me if I wanted her to get it fixed. I said yep, but you're using your play money not the joint account.
She asked how much I thought it would
Cost.
I said the cheap fix is the Denali replacement at about $100 in parts and 2 hrs labor at the dealer. So another $250. Total $350
The expensive fix is the way to reduce her likelihood of scraping which is the ppv lip at $250-400 and 2 hours labor. Totaling $500-650

And then I said if you bend suspension pieces, destroy bushings etc etc driving like that it will get infinitely more expensive.

And of course Mrs Responsibility 2017 replied "I only have like $40 in my account"

Too bad, so sad.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to the wife about the ppv lip/cutting the stock one, and the reasons for it, while on a walk.

We get home and I want to point out how the factory one sits so much lower than the side steps and how it looks silly.

I see the airdamn is all scraped on the passenger side. I was under it the other day installing the metal skid plates so I know it wasn't that way then.

The wife finally 'fesses up that she didn't slow down for a steep driveway and just nailed it because she was late for a a hair appt.

Needless to say I was a little pissed. She has been known to hit both tires on the same side of the car on sidewalk curbs, causing flats, and to keep driving. And hit walls... basically hits everything your not supposed to hit...and doesn't realize
It... or doesn't care.

She asked me if I wanted her to get it fixed. I said yep, but you're using your play money not the joint account.
Cost.
I said the cheap fix is the Denali replacement at about $100 in parts and 2 hrs labor at the dealer. So another $250. Total $350
The expensive fix is the way to reduce her likelihood of scraping which is the ppv lip at $250-400 and 2 hours labor. Totaling $500-650

And then I said if you bend suspension pieces, destroy bushings etc etc driving like that it will get infinitely more expensive.

And of course Mrs Responsibility 2017 replied "I only have like $40 in my account"

Too bad, so sad.

It... or doesn't care.

Cost.

Too bad, so sad.
haha yup to bad. I know the feeling my Yukon it was only a few hours old I was going around a couple buddies houses to show them the SUV I left somebody's house roll out the driveway cut the turn too sharp thinking all what's the worst that can happen I'mma drop off the curb a little bit in this big ass suv forgetting that the air dam is only 8 inches off the ground and then "boom" the full weight of the yukon hitting the curb I thought I lost my bumper needless to say it left what I can best described as an indention of the corner of the curb on my air dam permanently I'm still driving it that way day 1 few hours old need I remind you. One thing I did notice that you said in your story skid plates can you please tell me what kind of skid plates you have on that suv or yours thanks

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the factory z71 metal skid plates on it. There is a couple threads here for the part number.
Worth every penny. But again. Need to tap the threads into the subframe holes. The metal ones only reuse two of the original holes I think. It uses bigger bolts on the new one.
All the holes are there, just they were never threaded.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the factory z71 metal skid plates on it. There is a couple threads here for the part number.
Worth every penny. But again. Need to tap the threads into the subframe holes. The metal ones only reuse two of the original holes I think. It uses bigger bolts on the new one.
All the holes are there, just they were never threaded.

Would mind sharing a few pics?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pm me
Your email.
I don’t have a way to host them and photobucket sucks

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It... or doesn't care.

Cost.

Too bad, so sad.

...and they let them drive...lol