Tahoe PPV Deflector installed on 15 Suburban (shorter lower valance that comes on Police model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadloose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To respond to myself, found this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ppv-deflector.110593/ suggesting prying off the tabs with flathead. Going to try that and will report back.

I am finding the removal of this stock airdam to be a hassle. All the fasteners are out, inc the ones behind the wheel liners, but it just won't budge off the bumper either pushing the clips from behind or pulling from the front.

Anybody able to give some advice on what the trick is?

Thanks!

chadloose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
K, flathead driver, bend the black tab down dig into the gap and voila. Way more force than I expected. Airdam is off and I am going to dremel trim it to PPV-ish size and see how that turns out... Gotta cut a notch for the front hitch (for bikes) anyway.

To respond to myself, found this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ppv-deflector.110593/ suggesting prying off the tabs with flathead. Going to try that and will report back.

chadloose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks pretty excellent! What lines/measurement did you use?

I'm getting ready to do this to mine.

There was kind of a natural crease I loosely followed. Pretty much just eye-balled it and then measured the tape line at intervals as I was masking it off to make sure the line stayed consistent.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, took the plunge and ordered the PPV air damn. Changing oil should be easier now since my gut won't catch.

Scottslob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just finished putting on GM Part # 23365760

It is the Lower Deflector that comes on Tahoe PPV. it is about 1/4 of the length of the stock piece.

It's a small mod but I believe it has changed the look on our suburban quite a lot, we like it.

I got it at, for 281 plus shipping
https://www.gmpartso...lector-23365760

The main reason was to gain ground clearance, for these off-road times, like when parking at a mall to clear curbs smile.png

Also already helps on steep driveways and coming out of parking lots...

The removal of the old piece and installation of the new one was quite simple. Remove some bolts/ torque screws, pushing down some clip, partial removal of front wheels liners.

I can't comment on any decrease in MPG on highway, as we use this truck in town.

View attachment 74727

View attachment 74728

View attachment 74729
It says that this part wont fit. I have a 2018 Suburban. It also says that it does not fit your model either, is it just directing me to the OEM part?

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
This PPV lower valance will also fit on the Yukon/Yukon XL, Correct? I'm debating between trimming mine or just buying the PPV one.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says that this part wont fit. I have a 2018 Suburban. It also says that it does not fit your model either, is it just directing me to the OEM part?

Well, I ordered that part for my 18 tahoe. I get it in a few days and I'll report back. No reason it should not fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas