Tahoe PPV Deflector installed on 15 Suburban (shorter lower valance that comes on Police model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any difference.
Right after I installed it, a few months back, we went on a 400 miles trip, got hand calculated around 24 mpg, going 65mph

So, I think it's safe to say that it does have an effect on MPG, it's minimal and nothing compared to putting offroad tires, or even heavier 22 or bigger wheels and tires.

My almost worn out Goodyear fuel assurance, along with the rest of the engineering is really what helps the mpg

Thanks for the reply!

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any difference.
Right after I installed it, a few months back, we went on a 400 miles trip, got hand calculated around 24 mpg, going 65mph

So, I think it's safe to say that it does have an effect on MPG, it's minimal and nothing compared to putting offroad tires, or even heavier 22 or bigger wheels and tires.

My almost worn out Goodyear fuel assurance, along with the rest of the engineering is really what helps the mpg

Have you still noticed no difference in MPG? I recently put on the PPV deflector and tow hooks on my 2015 LTZ. I just went on a 650 mile trip roundtrip last weekend and got consistently 18-20mpg based off the computer (highway and backroads) just wondering why my MPG has dropped so low and if it's because of these mods...or if there is a bigger issue involved.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you still noticed no difference in MPG? I recently put on the PPV deflector and tow hooks on my 2015 LTZ. I just went on a 650 mile trip roundtrip last weekend and got consistently 18-20mpg based off the computer (highway and backroads) just wondering why my MPG has dropped so low and if it's because of these mods...or if there is a bigger issue involved.

Thanks!

my 22-24mpg is 100% highway at consistant max of 65mph. I know anything above 65 will hurt mpg thats true on a prius thats true on a truck.
I have not seen any difference in school runs and around suburbia driving.... still averaging 18mpg.
Since then I have added slightly larger tires 275/65r18 Good Year SR/A, versus the stock Goodyear assurance at 265/65r18
I am about to swithc again to something different, stock 22" oem wheels with 285/45r22 tires so my mileage might actually get hurt this time, as this is going to be a much heavier wheel and tire combo.

I can only say that on a steady road trip you should have no problem getting 22 if you drive like a turtle like us at 65

Do any other forum members have any input on their max road trip mpg?

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much - I was going in between 70-85 the whole way but was surprised by how low my MPG seemed. It flucates in between 13-19 consistently and I though these trucks were supposed to get better mileage than that. My city driving seems to suck too...I'm in atlanta so it's primarily city drivinf

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily commute driving (all city roads, no highway) I typically average about 15.8-16.1MPG. If I add in some highway miles for a road trip (usually going around 70-80MPH) I will get around 17-20MPG depending on if I go up/down any mountains, etc.

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily commute driving (all city roads, no highway) I typically average about 15.8-16.1MPG. If I add in some highway miles for a road trip (usually going around 70-80MPH) I will get around 17-20MPG depending on if I go up/down any mountains, etc.
I'm going to reset and see if I get around 16 with my city driving. I hope so, let's keep our fingers crossed.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we get 18mpg but I wouldnt count that as city driving, its more like empy 45mph street with a couple stops and a red lights along 20 miles driving around running errands

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t even check to see what I get! I have stock 22s which I’m sure drops the MPG’s down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t even check to see what I get! I have stock 22s which I’m sure drops the MPG’s down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh boy, I am about to install some dealer take off 22 wheels and tires, I am sure thats going to add lots of unsprung weight and drop a bit my mpg...:(

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it does NOT fit on my 2017 Denali. The rounded edges are a slightly different shape. Cutting and trimming the stock piece is next.
yes. did you take any pictures of fitment with the ppv airdam? was it something that could have been heated to fit or cut a bit to fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts