Tahoe is knocking, maybe im just crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HotCarl

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just Seafoamed the hoe. I was a tad disappointed because I put half through the brake booster, and half through the gas and waited 20 minutes... some smoke but nothing like the huge clouds I see on you tube. Click is still there so I am gonna get another can tomorrow and put the whole thing into the oil and see what happens. maybe get some oil treatment as well.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
oil treatment is a waste... Lucas oil stabalizer is the only thing worth a **** and I still wouldnt put it in.

OP
OP
HotCarl

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Seafoamed again this morning, split the bottle into 1/3rds. Split the first 1/3rd in half, put half into the brake booster, half into PCV valve line. Next 1/3rd went into gasoline, last 1/3rd went into the oil. Then I put some Lucas oil treatment in as well. Let her sit for 10 minutes, revved it at 3k, had lots of smoke, then let her idle for 5-10 minutes. Ticking is still there. I think it must be an air/vacuum/exhaust leak type of issue. I think I am going to quit worrying about it.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
it is likely not worth worrying about... noises bother me personally. I have posted many threads about weird noises in my truck.

I still think you have a small exhaust leak

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
It may be an exhaust leak or air leak..but I used a whole can in the oil when I did it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommyNomad