Tahoe HID retrofit w/ Depo headlight & Lexus RX-AFS/TSX-R projectors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Depo headlights and Sonar LED tails should be here tomorrow.

Any updates getting rid of the wiggle?

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's raining here right now...not so keen on pulling everything apart. I'll work on things this weekend & I'll update...

Cameron

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Depos installed without issue. My passenger side one is rock solid. My driver one has the wiggle. I figured out it's the white insert on the outside adjustment that is causing it. No idea how to fix it.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
mad props man thanks for the great write up ill skip halos hids and leds and save up for this mod... looks great man

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amzing write up man. I did a write up a while back from my 93 chevy stepside on a different forum. Also i used acura tsx projectors from theretrofitsource. Its such a difference seeing how its done with a NBS cus when i did mine i couldnt use any of the factory mounting bracket, i had to completely fab a new one and that was the most time consuming thing of all. If i didnt have such an aggrivating experience with that one id do the same to the hoe.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
are the tsx's that much better than the morimoto mini h1's?
by the looks of it on youtube there pretty freeking close..also i WAS going to get depos and retro them but im probably gonna get a clear set of drls and headlights off ebay and pop minis in.. they fit right into the 9005/9006 fittings ...then ill get a nice size shroud and trim trim trim..thoguhts? i dont think its worth the 130 to tear apart the depos ...just my .02cents

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about the comparison of these to be honest. I bought these because the site i got them from was highly recommended by alot of people. I dont think it really matters if you get depos or not because your replacing all the functioning parts of the depos with the retro so i guess you just do it in whatever headlight houssings you like the most. Im sure someone else with more knowledge could chime in but thats my opinion on it.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
The only reason to go with DEPO's over others is that if you have to, you can bake them apart because they use a soft silicon type sealant. Many of the other aftermarket housings are perma-sealed with some sort of epoxy. You can't get them apart short of cutting your way through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts