Tahoe front wheel well SPATS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These things are needed to protect the hood of the car from waves when driving through puddles. On my previous Mercedes GLS car, they came off, I didn’t change them because it was very expensive. So after they came off any small puddle, much more water and dirt began to pour onto the hood.
Water over the hood? Unpossible.

Ryan 2024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll let you know that my 2024 RST i just bought on 1-2 has the Spats.

OP
OP
E

EdTom

Reaction score
I’ll let you know that my 2024 RST i just bought on 1-2 has the Spats.
Hey Ryan, my 24 RST is supposed to arrive at my dealership next week. My observation has been all the trims are coming through with spats with the exception of the Z71. What’s your opinion, can you live with them?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say, unless you spend ALL of your driving time over 60MpH on the highways, take off the spats.
If you ever try to sell it, that's when you put them back on.

OP
OP
E

EdTom

Reaction score
I say, unless you spend ALL of your driving time over 60MpH on the highways, take off the spats.
If you ever try to sell it, that's when you put them back on.
Totally agree. My only question is the configuration of them. Someone earlier stated they cut them off. If you have to cut them you won’t be putting them back on.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own, but I have one question:
What percentage of the time you spend w/ your vehicle can you actually see the Spats? I’d conjecture that since the bulk of the time spent w/ your vehicle you are in the cabin…it’s a really small, like <1%, number…

OP
OP
E

EdTom

Reaction score
To each their own, but I have one question:
What percentage of the time you spend w/ your vehicle can you actually see the Spats? I’d conjecture that since the bulk of the time spent w/ your vehicle you are in the cabin…it’s a really small, like <1%, number…
You make a fair point but just to keep the conversation going: that’s like saying just because you spend the majority of your time living inside your house when at home it doesn’t matter if something ridiculous looking is hanging off it on the outside.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You make a fair point but just to keep the conversation going: that’s like saying just because you spend the majority of your time living inside your house when at home it doesn’t matter if something ridiculous looking is hanging off it on the outside.
:rotflmao:I can tell you I never even notice them on my rig or any I see on the road. But, if they bug you, by all means, remove them…it’s America, and freedom is what we are about!!! :boti:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove