Tahoe Front wheel Spats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdTom

Reaction score
I’ve already posted regarding this feature but thought I’d bring the topic up again. It’s the cheesy looking front wheel well flap that appears in front of the tire (known as a Spat). I ordered a 2024 RST Tahoe that’s scheduled for production in early January. The build site doesn’t show them but I’ve been noticing some new models are equipped with them. It’s supposedly an aerodynamic feature that breaks up wind turbulence but I couldn’t find any information through GM concerning them. I’m hoping my new one doesn’t have them, they look ridiculous. Anyone’s knowledge of those stupid looking items would be appreciated

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You already have posed this question here:

Last edited by a moderator:

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're talking about this thing that sticks down? If so, you can just cut it off if you're so inclined. They don't bother me. Just kind of blends in with the whole silly modern front end styling.

spat.jpg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is they always added to help with aerodynamics and overall CAFE for the fleet. Probably adds a whopping 0.1 mpg improvement......LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz