1st day, ‘22 Tahoe High Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First impression, the truck is better than I imagined. Specifically the color, pictures really don’t do it justice. It has a blue tint, but is not really visible in any light I’ve seen it in so far.

Interior is better than I hoped. The bronze accents and fake wood trim is much less obnoxious that I thought they would be. I would still have preferred the RST interior, but it’s still pretty impressive.

The feature all work as expected. For the HUD will only show turn by turn in apple CarPlay in Apple Maps or when not in Car Play when using google maps. Strangely enough, google maps thru car play (as well as Waze) will not show turn by turn in the HUD.

They have removed turn by turn directions option on the digital display (behind the steering wheel) on the info screen. No clue why, there’s no option to add navigation there now.

The speed limit sign now requires the data plan to function. You get 3 months for free, after that, supposedly it’s no going to work.

The rear lift gate is slow and loud.

The power steps work flawlessly, and auto lighting on them on entry and leave were a surprise.

The rear view mirror camera was a pleasant surprise! Better than the mirror.

The 360 degree camera angles are great. It automatically shows from or read depending on the direction you are going. But it seems to be missing the “blind spot” mirror in the sides that my old vehicle has.

The power folder side mirrors are pretty cool, but I wish I haven’t figured out if I can automatically fold them on locking the vehicle.

Google assistant is nice when searching for gas stations, parking lots or getting directions to somewhere without typing.

First mod this week will be window tint. I’m going 20% in the front sides and limo blackout in the back sides and rear. Also going to add a 50% gradient visor on the windshield.

Also have my appointment for the week after next to apply the PPV, ceramic coat and blackout on most trim.

The week after that will be the new black wheels.

77919C23-E58E-421E-98DD-F61E7235D33F.jpegC42800E6-7888-4F05-AA9A-5598A85C6DAA.jpeg

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can set the mirrors to power fold on lock or not. It’s in the vehicle settings.

Put the navigation screen the up in the center of the gauges and it will give turn by turn in the instrument cluster if you have a nav route going…you may have to enable the navigation screen in the instrument cluster settings.

Attachments

• 15A5D66E-D5E8-4A39-BEC5-D71658424CEF.jpeg
    15A5D66E-D5E8-4A39-BEC5-D71658424CEF.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 9844D8A9-BC78-4A37-85EF-EEF066BFD535.jpeg
    9844D8A9-BC78-4A37-85EF-EEF066BFD535.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 13

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Looks great! Is that Midnight Blue? That’s what i ordered but RST.

Couldn’t find one in person to see it, although I think I may have saw one at a drive thru…was actually tempted to get out knock on their window and ask like a lunatic lol

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will love your new truck! Thanks again for all your constraint posts during these tough times. I was pretty lucky getting my new Yukon SLT 4WD with max tow in 75 days from order to my driveway!

Crzylgs

Reaction score
The Tahoe looks awesome! I got my White RST on Tuesday this week and it is awesome! The 6.2 is amazing!

Thanks for all your updates along the way. It made the wait a lot less agonizing.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Is that Midnight Blue? That’s what i ordered but RST.

Couldn’t find one in person to see it, although I think I may have saw one at a drive thru…was actually tempted to get out knock on their window and ask like a lunatic lol
It’s Dark Ash Mettalic

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I’m hoping to god I love the midnight blue after this entire wait
I’ve seen it in person and it’s a great color. Definitely deep dark blue and doesn’t look grey, though.

I wanted more of a grey, but was surprised by how strong the “metallic “ comes through. It’s really striking.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’ve seen it in person and it’s a great color. Definitely deep dark blue and doesn’t look grey, though.

I wanted more of a grey, but was surprised by how strong the “metallic “ comes through. It’s really striking.

Yeah. The pics on the site when you build them are so terrible in terms of how they look like in comparison for real life. That actually looks a lot nicer than what they advertise it as. I wouldn’t mind that now over the Midnight Blue….I originally didn’t want it because it was too similar to my other car (based on the website photo)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts