1st day, ‘22 Tahoe High Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I’ve decided that the seats are not as comfortable as My old Tundra or my old Tahoe. Will need to add a seat cushion for any trips over an hour.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: The cooled seats is the feature I never knew I was missing in my life.

The lift gate open/close with foot wave is a little too picky to be very practical, but maybe with practice I’ll get easier.
Cooled seats really are amazing. For the one month of hot weather we get each year in the PNW they are going to be fantastic! Got our yukon at the very tail end of last summer and on the drive home I had to turn them off, I was freezing with them on.

As for the lift gate it does not seem to get any easier to open using the foot wave. It seems to be super picky and you end up looking like a dork swinging your foot around under the bumper with an armful of stuff while it takes it's time to see you and open. I've pretty well given up on using it and just use the remote as I approach the vehicle.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda don’t understand the issues with the foot actuator tailgate light. I kick in and out right over the light, and it works every time. It’s the only way I open the tailgate when I’m outside. You kick the letters …it never misses…..

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda don’t understand the issues with the foot actuator tailgate light. I kick in and out right over the light, and it works every time. It’s the only way I open the tailgate when I’m outside. You kick the letters …it never misses…..
Mine is finicky, maybe it is a daylight problem and not having a target to aim at. I also haven’t mastered the speed yet. It seems to need a slower kick than my wife’s Honda. I’ll have to practice and get my technique down a bit more before I’m a foot master!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I’ve decided that the seats are not as comfortable as My old Tundra or my old Tahoe. Will need to add a seat cushion for any trips over an hour.
They're a ton better than any of the recent GMC's I've had (2016 Sierra HD, 2018 Terrain, 2020 Sierra HD, 2020 Acadia which are all terrible for long trips for me). So far the most comfortable seats in a GM car were from the early 2000's. Our 03 Cadillac DeVille and 04 Yukon XL have super comfortable seats, just not as roomy of a front row for me.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the most comfortable seats in a GM car were from the early 2000's.
Completely agree. The last Tahoe api had was an ‘04, and the seats were like a lazy boy.

The seats in my 22 High Country look amazing, and are roomy, but after driving for half an hour, they aren’t very comfortable.

I’ll give them time to break in, but I still think a cushion for long trips will likely be needed.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple hours behind the wheel of our '21 and the backside is definitely not feeling great. Sad to say but I can go longer in the seat of a freightliner silage truck bouncing around a corn field without needing to get out and stretch than I can in a new yukon

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree. The last Tahoe api had was an ‘04, and the seats were like a lazy boy.

The seats in my 22 High Country look amazing, and are roomy, but after driving for half an hour, they aren’t very comfortable.

I’ll give them time to break in, but I still think a cushion for long trips will likely be needed.
I wonder if it got worse with the newer GMs having haptic vibration motors and such in the seats. In our Acadia one of those motor things wasn’t seated right from the factory and had a bulge protruding on the side of the seat cushion which was super uncomfortable. I read on GM trucks forum that people were removing and relocating those vibration motors to behind the seats in attempt to get more comfort out of them.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll get used to them, break them in a little bit.
Yep, I’ve done 600 miles a day multiple times. They are firm, but with multiple adjustments they are as good as any I’ve had recently…
Best seats I’ve ever had were the zero gravity seats in a Nissan years ago… super cushy….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish