Tahoe Duraflex ZL1 hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bermuda blue is due for paint touch up and dent repair and now i'm thinking of swapping the hood all together.

Anyone in here have experience with Duraflex hoods? I see there are likely defects and flaws with them. I want a better understanding of what i'm up against or if these are just garbage.

duraflex-zl1-look-hood-3.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I've never seen an aftermarket hood that didnt need work to fit properly. For our trucks or any other cars or trucks. You will need to put in some tlc to get that perfect fitment, and in some cases perfection is not achievable.
That's my heads up for you.
Same goes with aftermarket grilles and bumper covers. The struggle is real lol

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
My buddy got one for his 2011 and it needs work. Needed to cut the truck by the latch to make it close right. Needs lots of sanding and bonds to make it look show quality. Looks good from a few feet away though
s9cNCxp.jpg

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. My alternate thought is an OEM HD hood - These can be expected to bolt on with no modification?

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I was looking at steel cowl hoods from jeggs. But that was for my 2011. Idk if they have steel ones for 99-06

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Good to know. My alternate thought is an OEM HD hood - These can be expected to bolt on with no modification?
It will still be aftermarket and might need slight adjustment. But for the most part the oem style usually fit really good from what I've heard. But I've never personally had experience with those. Usually people go on a search party for months to find the nearest one from a salvage yard. Usually they are true oem so fitment is perfect.

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy got one for his 2011 and it needs work. Needed to cut the truck by the latch to make it close right. Needs lots of sanding and bonds to make it look show quality. Looks good from a few feet away though
s9cNCxp.jpg

Looks surprisingly good. I had no idea I would like it so much.

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious about this hood as well. I've seen it on carid.com my only issue is that they suggest hood pins to keep the hood secured? I would like to get this hood as well for my `00 Tahoe but I want it to retain the factory latches and hinges. If you get this hood and that is the case (or not) can you please update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts