Switching from hydraboost to STD brake booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Change power steering lines to a non-hydraboost, need vacuum source for brake booster,.

Not hard really.

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the DC quad bracket? How do they make theirs fit without removing hydroboost? You fabbed your own right? I can't remember from your build log. If you were able to make adjustments that matched their bracket, then that could work for you.

OP
OP
Daviddto

Daviddto

Reaction score
What about the DC quad bracket? How do they make theirs fit without removing hydroboost? You fabbed your own right? I can't remember from your build log. If you were able to make adjustments that matched their bracket, then that could work for you.
I used the JZ designs Alt bracket. I know for sure that I would need to mod the brake fluid reservoir. I will look into the DC to see , I never thought about that

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cheers: Glad to see you got your wall giving you what you wanted finally. Definitely a major improvement from before

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Yea I have DC quad alt bracket and it says you don't need to move anything to install it. Should be putting it on my truck this summer.

OP
OP
Daviddto

Daviddto

Reaction score
Change power steering lines to a non-hydraboost, need vacuum source for brake booster,.

Not hard really.
I guess it's like anything else, just need to research it, figure it out and do it. I would like to avoid making the switch.

OP
OP
Daviddto

Daviddto

Reaction score
Yea I have DC quad alt bracket and it says you don't need to move anything to install it. Should be putting it on my truck this summer.
It's a pricey bracket but worth it if I don't have to switch to vacuum assist. I am going to e mail them tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick