2019 Tahoe LS tick after brake booster replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepho23o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have well maintained 2019 Tahoe LS that I had my brake booster replaced on a few months ago. When I got it back from the shop I noticed a faint tick coming from inside the cab, down near the pedals. It has steadily gotten louder. I pulled a trailer this weekend and it was noticeably louder, especially under acceleration. The attached video is for sound. phine was placed under steering wheel while pulling the trailer and accelerating from a dead stop.

Any thoughts?

Stephanie

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! How's it sound at idle with the hood open? What's the oil level and condition? Is there any decrease in performance or CEL?

OP
OP
S

Stepho23o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! How's it sound at idle with the hood open? What's the oil level and condition? Is there any decrease in performance or CEL?
It’s really not noticeable at idle. The higher the rpm, the louder it gets. Oil is good, that’s the first thing I checked. Runs great, no lights or any issues. It’s definitely louder inside than under the hood. I had my son launch it in the driveway's today so I could listen to it from outside and I couldn’t hear the noise.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
This may me a total shot in the dark here, but given that RPMs are making it more noticable, and that a brake booster replacement seems to possibly have sparked this noise, have you taken a look at the vacuum pump that's on the front belt accessory drive? It's a belt driven pump that's the pulley on the lower right side of the front engine drive. Again, given that it increases sound w/RPM, and no engine lights or other symptoms, this is really the only guess I have.

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700