Brake booster replacement; brake pedal slow to return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe they figure grown men will act like grown men and do the job from experience or atleast use a haynes/chiltons manual.
I've never peeked at one of those books. Just seems like a big liability for selling parts to DIYers. Easily overlooked if it's not your job to replace thousands of them throughout a career.

OP
OP
I

InspectahDEck

Reaction score
Well the new booster isn't leaking, but yesterday when the car was warmed up it developed the power steering whine after driving about 20 miles. Checked the ps fluid level and it was not low. Tried bleeding some air out yesterday, there wasn't really any bubbles but I'll try driving again today and report back.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the new booster isn't leaking, but yesterday when the car was warmed up it developed the power steering whine after driving about 20 miles. Checked the ps fluid level and it was not low. Tried bleeding some air out yesterday, there wasn't really any bubbles but I'll try driving again today and report back.
A few years back I replaced a power steering pump on a friend's 2000 GMC Savanna 3500 (has hydroboost brakes run off of the power steering as well.) The first pump that Advance Auto shipped to me was someone's oily, crusty core. How that happened, no idea - however I'd imagine today's standards are 500% more terrible!

OP
OP
I

InspectahDEck

Reaction score
Lol, I normally try and not buy reman parts but the price difference was too large so I took a gamble. Everything seems OK so far it was whining less today but still there, fluid levels have not dropped. Think it's going to work out as long as it doesn't start leaking again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe