switch panel uses...what do u got?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoondueces

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off my dash panel today and realized I have a lot of extra wire and connectors just all scrunched together. Behind the dash panel. The only connectors I can hookup r for my electronic 4wd. I know that in other trucks...the factory used this as a switch panel to put accesories such as a cargo lamp. My question is....why do I have these exrta wires if I have no factory swit@ches on that panel? And also...what has everyone else done with there panel? Pictures? I've already drilled holes in that stock peice. So I am looking for another one to pop on there...I am looking for ideas on other ways to mount switches, different styles of switches, etc

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is....why do I have these exrta wires if I have no factory swit@ches on that panel?

Easier and faster production on the assembly line. This way GM doesn't have to utilize a completely seperate harness for each vehicle being built. They don't have to worry about keeping x amount of certain harnesses on hand, keep them seperated or slowing production down with a changeover. Think about it, all the truck and SUVs are nearly identical from the cab forward so the little bit of cost for the extra wiring and connectors is more than made up in other areas.

The extra wires you have back there are most likely for fog lights, rear wiper, hatch release or whatever else they put in them at the time. Mine has an alarm light in the top panel and 1 switch each in the bottom 2 for an e-fan override and air compressor which I no longer have. I used switches like these because they don't stick out and look factory to me

LRS-B.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In trucks, there is a button right there for a Cargo lamp, and foglights. On the SUV's, there is a switch for the rear wipers and the foglights. If you have barn doors, you dont have a rear wiper switch, and if you have no fogs, no foglight switch. Mine had rear wipers but no foglights. I added a rocker switch for the fogs that I added.

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

Its a blue LED rocker switch just like Steamroller posted. It goes great with all the rest of the blue LEDs I did on my dash.
DSC02186.jpg
DSC02189.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hoondueces

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In trucks, there is a button right there for a Cargo lamp, and foglights. On the SUV's, there is a switch for the rear wipers and the foglights. If you have barn doors, you dont have a rear wiper switch, and if you have no fogs, no foglight switch. Mine had rear wipers but no foglights. I added a rocker switch for the fogs that I added.

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

Its a blue LED rocker switch just like Steamroller posted. It goes great with all the rest of the blue LEDs I did on my dash.

Nice. Well on the subject of blue leds. I have replaced my instrument panel and the four hvac bulbs to turn that blue. but on the hvac. The left side doesn't illuminate blue, could there be a simple fix for this problem. I know that the bulb is properly in place. So idk if its somewhere internal inthe dash or what.

And also. Where did u get those blue led switches?

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a bad led or some of them the wires for the contacts have to be perfectly aligned in order to work even though they feel like they are in right. Try switching the known good bulbs in there if you haven't already. I got my switches at AutoZone, they've got several different types and colors if you want something different

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about the right side between the guages and the radio i have (top to bottom) rear wiper, latch release, fog lights, and 4wd switch. all factory. can post you a pic if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz