Sway bar and shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those that lowered the rear and used the offset sway bar end links, how close is your passenger side shock to your sway bar? I have a rattling at low speeds that i can hear, and i believe the sway bar is hitting the shock. When sitting, there is about a 1/4 inch or so between the two. I assume the sway bar does move a bit left and right. The rattling isnt loud or anything, but it does drive me crazy when driving through a parking lot, alley, etc.

Sway.jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup thats what happens, how low are you? 4" spring no shock extenders? adjustable panhard bar will allow you to center it as much as possible between the shock and the frame mount for the panhard bar.
also it doesnt look like you're on the factory air ride - see if the shocks you have will be ok flipped over with the body up , shaft down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it is lowered around 4 inches or so. No shock extenders as I used Belltech drop shocks instead. FLipping the shock will worsen the scenario, right? The thick part / body is at the top now. I will look at the adj panhard bar. By chance does anyone else have pics of their rear set up? Also, if I install an adjustable panhard, will I still need the offset sway bar links?

Last edited:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, forgot the belltechs have a sleeve over the shaft side. Dont really feel like crawling under mine atm but theres a shot of it. I need a little shorter shock, but I turned around all the hardware on the shock/extender

20181221_090729.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) gm used a variance on some of the panhard brackets so it hits the bar. I usually tap it in or pie cut it on customers trucks

2) did you do free travel mod?

3) which springs?

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went about it a little differently. Used a straight moog link and shortened it down to keep everything parallel. Lots of clearance at shock but did have to trim panhard bracket down some for clearance for sway bar movement. Have about a finger width of space between sway bar and bracket. Doesn't seem like much but being a fulcrum it only moves a bit.

20181224_091616.jpg 20181224_091854.jpg

OP
OP
J

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1) gm used a variance on some of the panhard brackets so it hits the bar. I usually tap it in or pie cut it on customers trucks

2) did you do free travel mod?

3) which springs?

1) I may have to look into that.
2) Springs are Belltech 34324
3) Yes.

Not 100% sure the sway bar is hitting the shock, but something is hitting and causing a rattle noise. Its not a loud noise, just hear it in parking lots, alleys, etc.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check to make sure your swaybar bend area is not hitting the panhard bar bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk