Sway bar link broke… dang it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015i drivers side sway bar link broke
I am running a little taller than stock. Maybe 1 inch… maybe 1.5”

Who makes good quality links? I’m seeing a bunch of no name companies but fear crappy rubber…

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should make poly bushings. Usually by energy suspensions i think?

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the Dorman “RD” links.

At the end of the day they are inexpensive and should have the more durable poly bushings.

I also ordered the ac delco gold sway bushings.

All the available sway bar links I could find like the cognito or even Camburg were all for the 2500 trucks and just waaaay too long.
Oem is 5”, and a lifted truck needs only 6” and all those are 7 or 7.5” at the shortest.
Some are able to be cut down. Others not.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but...
Take a look at Cognito's HD Front Sway Bar links:
https://cognitomotorsports.com/cogn...01-19-silverado-sierra-2500-3500-2wd-4wd.html

From the advice of another here on TYForum, I've been running these for about 5000 miles now, no issues.
They are listed as HD (2500/3500) on the Cognito website; however, they are ALSO sold with the Cognito 6" kit for 1500.
They fit fine, just a different design than our existing front links...
They have a couple different lengths available. Listing on the website explains where to measure on your truck.
I have Cognito part#110-90252 installed and running the BDS 4" lift which is designed to run the OE front sway link.
I always recommend measurements, but this Cognito part should fit your vehicle correctly.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My 2015i drivers side sway bar link broke
I am running a little taller than stock. Maybe 1 inch… maybe 1.5”

Who makes good quality links? I’m seeing a bunch of no name companies but fear crappy rubber…
Kryptonite suspension makes about the beefiest on the market unless you find some heim joint style sway bar links

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fifty - you're right. Been a while, but went back and checked and my BDS kit DID come with new front links. So I guess not OE length.
But @Trey Hardy is on the right track with the Kryptonite products for sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019