Suburban rear sway bar on Yukon Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fronts are identical.
Easy peesy then, in that case. I haven't been to a junkyard since 2016 though - how prevalent is it to find a 2015+ Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, or Escalade in a salvage yard? I feel like all you see in junkyards are OLDER vehicles!

PS - obviously the Silverado and Sierra trucks use the same front size anti-sway bar as the struts, suspension, steering, and drivetrain are all of the same. Do you know anything about the rear anti-sway bar though? Considering the trucks have leaf springs in the rear rather than coil springs, even though they use the same axle assembly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy peesy then, in that case. I haven't been to a junkyard since 2016 though - how prevalent is it to find a 2015+ Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, or Escalade in a salvage yard? I feel like all you see in junkyards are OLDER vehicles!

PS - obviously the Silverado and Sierra trucks use the same front size anti-sway bar as the struts, suspension, steering, and drivetrain are all of the same. Do you know anything about the rear anti-sway bar though? Considering the trucks have leaf springs in the rear rather than coil springs, even though they use the same axle assembly.
the rear sway bars for the pickups are completely different than the suv's, they use a different design and clamps on the pickups.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold my 18 burb and left my Hellwigs on the rig like a moron as I was planning on a different platform and my back wasn't up for it. I still have the original take off sway bars. Hotchkis says about their sway bars: "the rear is 80% stiffer than stock for Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade and 45% for Suburban, Yukon XL and Escalade ESV." So apparently my free old burb bar is 35% stiffer than stock? Anyone tried this, and is there any way to make them adjustable like the Hellwigs?
they must be refrencing short wheel base versus long wheel base. the only way to make oem bar adjustable is with adjustable end links

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Suburban and Yukon XL also are heavier than the short wheel base varieties and also have a lower weight towing rating as a result as well. I assume the rear springs from a Suburban or Yukon XL have a higher spring rate, which matches with the stiffer anti-sway bar. I know that typically for "best ride performance" you are supposed to match the anti-sway bars with certain springs.

I'd consider anything to be an improvement over the stock suspension which feels a bit soft in the rear (especially the rear) for my tastes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019