08 Border Patrol Tahoe - Do these come with different sway bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ValleyTahoe

Reaction score
I'm having issue when installing rough country kicker bars on my RC 7.5 lifted truck. The sway bar hump ends up hitting the kicker bar. I'm being asked by rough country was my sway bar swapped with a newer truck model or aftermarket. I painted the bar when I had it off but believe it to be OEM. Does anyone know if there is anything different in the sway bar from the normal Tahoes? It just hangs too low.IMG_3352.jpegIMG_3368.jpeg

OP
OP
ValleyTahoe

ValleyTahoe

Reaction score
So my bar is a tough one looks factory but notice the hump isnt as long as a factory avalanche I had in my lot.

The Avalanche the hump starts right out of the mount. My hump starts several inches over and looks to be angled just slightly different. I may grab a junkyard bar and compare.IMG_3400.jpegIMG_3398.jpeg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I noticed your new poly bushings don’t close around the bar completely. I would verify what size bushings you purchased and suspect it’s a size larger.

OP
OP
ValleyTahoe

ValleyTahoe

Reaction score
I noticed your new poly bushings don’t close around the bar completely. I would verify what size bushings you purchased and suspect it’s a size larger.
Great catch. That photo has the bracket loose so no tension clamping the mount together yet. The mount is just hanging.

OP
OP
ValleyTahoe

ValleyTahoe

Reaction score
the factory bar is hollow and is pressed at the ends where it bolts up, notice the lips
these are the oem front ones off of my 2012 & 2018 in my junkyard backyard lo
View attachment 424742View attachment 424743View attachment 424744l
That photo actually says alot. My bar now is similar to the one on the left. But just enough difference in the hump and mounting area. I believe the front sway on the right would work no issue. Thats the style I'm after when I go to the yard this weekend. I'm just surprised to hear RC never run into this before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts