Suspension help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
Arnott shocks have a lifetime warranty as well. I used them on my old 2007 and they worked great - 70k worth of miles on them before I sold it. My only suggestion is if you plan keeping the setup to go with a GM compressor. I've used both and had the aftermarket one fail way before it should. I think the OEM one has better components and corrosion protection.
Yeah I’m either going to go with Strutmaster or Arnott if I do decide to do the air delete.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
016FB645-5A01-415E-BC70-A6F061C3C108.png
Question, if I buy this kit could I reuse the front springs and transfer them over to this kit or would I have to purchase new springs?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can reuse the front springs, but they will have 200k+ miles on them and they do weaken a bit over time. Youcould still use them, or buy new OEM springs for about $65 each.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
You can reuse the front springs, but they will have 200k+ miles on them and they do weaken a bit over time. Youcould still use them, or buy new OEM springs for about $65 each.
Should I get Denali springs or a more heavy duty kind such as like some for a Z71?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I get Denali springs or a more heavy duty kind such as like some for a Z71?
If you liked the smooth Denali ride, then, I'd go with the Denali springs. A heavier spring in the front will do nothing positive, and will make the ride stiffer.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
If you liked the smooth Denali ride, then, I'd go with the Denali springs. A heavier spring in the front will do nothing positive, and will make the ride stiffer.
Your right. That makes sense. You know after researching all of this I am now thinking that if I’m about to shell out 800 on new suspension components I could just lower it instead. There’s a Belltech kit for 600 to do a 2-4 drop. In the end the suspension gets updated and I’ll get the subtle drop I’ve wanted.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
This is the kit I’m referring to. A guy on YouTube has a video of him installing it on a 08 Denali I believe. Except he kept the air ride but I’m not worried about that. 1ECAF73A-F5C8-4673-BB44-A3721DF26103.png

Jrschultz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ and it has road rough since day one. Bought it with 168k and it now has 250k. The suspension is horrible. Feels like it jumps all over when hitting bumps, and not really big bumps either! Any advice on what to change to make my ride a little more tolerable?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe and it has road rough since day one. Bought it with 168k and it now has 250k. The suspension is horrible. Feels like it jumps all over when hitting bumps, and not really big bumps either! Any advice on what to change to make my ride a little more tolerable?
If your struts are original, I'd start there. I have a 2008 Denali and I replaced the original struts at 165K with plain 2019 Tahoe struts from an auto recycler. They had 40k on them and were $375 shipped.

The ride improved for sure. However, I've found that I still get some of the bouncy vibrations depending on how crappy the road is. It is overall better though. Tire pressure can play into that was well. There's a fine line between mpg pressure and pleasant ride pressure

isp5190

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ and it has road rough since day one. Bought it with 168k and it now has 250k. The suspension is horrible. Feels like it jumps all over when hitting bumps, and not really big bumps either! Any advice on what to change to make my ride a little more tolerable?
Our 2009 LTZ rides like a dream with 158,000 miles. I would check the front sway bar links. Awhile back ours was handling funny, checked and one sway bar link was gone and the other had worn out bushings. If the front struts and rear shocks have not been replaced with that mileage they are due for replacement. We bought ours as a CPO with 52000 miles, all shocks were brand new. I have had to replaced the rear air shocks at around 130,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442