Suspension help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. I’m going to be replacing my rear air shocks on my 2007 Denali with regular shocks. My question is do I also have to replace the spring or can I just use the same one that’s already on the truck. Also if anyone knows where I can find the module or resistors that keep the suspension warning light from coming on I’d appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denali springs are softer than the springs used on non-air rear shocks, as the air lift helps support the springs, while maintaining a soft/smooth ride.

You can replace the springs with Suburban springs of the same year (maybe other years, as well), or you can go with a coil-over rear shock (load leveler).

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
The Denali springs are softer than the springs used on non-air rear shocks, as the air lift helps support the springs, while maintaining a soft/smooth ride.

You can replace the springs with Suburban springs of the same year (maybe other years, as well), or you can go with a coil-over rear shock (load leveler).
Thanks for the advice. I’m looking online at options now. Do you know anything about the resistors ?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go from an active shock system to as passive shock system, you need to install resistors across the 2 wires that go to each shock, so that your dashboard does not light up with 'Service Suspension' warnings. You can buy those anywhere, including Amazon.

If you go from an active shock system to a passive shock system using Arnott brand shocks, they have already built resistors into the shocks, so no external resistors are required.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
If you go from an active shock system to as passive shock system, you need to install resistors across the 2 wires that go to each shock, so that your dashboard does not light up with 'Service Suspension' warnings. You can buy those anywhere, including Amazon.

If you go from an active shock system to a passive shock system using Arnott brand shocks, they have already built resistors into the shocks, so no external resistors are required.
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
Moog 81069 for the HD rear springs that we use with regular shocks.

Why downgrade?
Both bladders are shot and I’m almost certain that the compressor is also and I don’t want to shell out over 1k just to fix it. I’m considering getting the Strustmasters kit that will convert the entire suspension for $750. It comes with the front and rear shocks and also with a module that’ll hide any error codes or lights on the dash.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
I hear ya but that's the price for an exceptional ride that you're giving up.
True, I’m still debating what I should do though. I’ve heard good things about the kit I’m looking at. They say it’s a good ride. Obviously not like the Z55 but it’s decent. Plus my trucks old. She’s got 215k.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott shocks have a lifetime warranty as well. I used them on my old 2007 and they worked great - 70k worth of miles on them before I sold it. My only suggestion is if you plan keeping the setup to go with a GM compressor. I've used both and had the aftermarket one fail way before it should. I think the OEM one has better components and corrosion protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645