Suspension help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the torque specs handy, but other folks on this Forum will chime in.

You can reuse the bolts and nuts for the rear shocks. When removing/installing the top bolts and nuts on the rear shocks, be careful not to inadvertently disconnect the electrical connector that sits on top of the frame over the shock. A number of us here have inadvertently disconnected this electrical connector, and you will get a dashboard warning/error. If this happens, simply reconnect the electrical connector.

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
I don't have the torque specs handy, but other folks on this Forum will chime in.

You can reuse the bolts and nuts for the rear shocks. When removing/installing the top bolts and nuts on the rear shocks, be careful not to inadvertently disconnect the electrical connector that sits on top of the frame over the shock. A number of us here have inadvertently disconnected this electrical connector, and you will get a dashboard warning/error. If this happens, simply reconnect the electrical connector.
Thanks for the tip. I haven’t got any more response. Hopefully someone will give me those specs soon because I’m going to start on this tomorrow morning first thing.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as the front but I know that the Dorman compressor is of good quality but think I read that it does not talk to the computer system like the OE. If OE shocks were not available, Arnott.
what I should have said was I never looked at the rear before so I don't know if it has control arms or what parts are back there that could need changing also

Reaction score
Same as the front but I know that the Dorman compressor is of good quality but think I read that it does not talk to the computer system like the OE. If OE shocks were not available, Arnott.

I went with the Dorman also. It's been 16mos or so with zero issues. Feel like it was marketed as an upgrade to 270psi? Interesting what you said about may not be comm with comp as much?

When you get a min, please let me know if I am I understanding these springs correctly? The Moog 81071 is the model used with Z55? and the 81069 is slightly stiffer for the passive systems w/o the air assistance?

Reaction score
I'd go all GM OE and then ACDelco Gold/Professional and then Moog CK Series in that order if you find parts discontinued or not available.
That's correct. They also use the 81071 on the older trucks with the Nivomat shocks.

Thank you. I've been struggling through this suspension decision making process. I've always been a bit of an over-analyzer....sometimes that's a blessing....and sometimes that's not a blessing.

Your other post(quoted above) caught my attention when I read it the other day. I started to say surely there are better aftermarket options out there but opted to keep learning. After several days of fairly intense searching I will say: there may have been better made/higher quality aftermarket springs out there at one time, but the shelves are pretty bare now!

Also, I took notice of your signature the first day I was on here....over the last couple weeks I've watched you and several others exhibiting the qualities described in Prov 1:2-5. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent

Latest posts