Suspension/Handling upgrades after leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

With a change of ride quality after leveling what have you guys found to effectively compensate and improve handling?

Other than removing the leveling kit :) i'm trying to improve handling on my 05 Tahoe and 01 Yukon both leveled 2.5-3" up front and 1.5-2.5" in the rear. The handling is not horrible but i'd like to soften the blow over pot holes and improve corning.

Just ordered bilstein 5100's all the way around to start and curious what others have done to improve handling.

Thank in advance,
Ben

Attachments

• Tahoe Level.jpg
    Tahoe Level.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running more sidewall will soften the blow of potholes. Edit: because doofus

Sway bars and poly bushings will improve handling.

Bilsteins ought to help a noticeable amount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Other than lift spindles alone isn't there additional hardware required?

I strayed from a full on lift kit so I could still garage my vehicle with 33" wheels. The cost savings between keys+spacers was cool too. Read time and time again that keys would not make a huge impact on ride quality and I mean it's not HUGE but i'm looking to improve.

Could you give more details about the sway bars and bushings - Alternative sway bars? or maybe extended links?

Which bushings am I after to improve handling? All/Any ones in particular?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift spindles are for 2wd only.

Oh hah! Totally neglected that. :sorrysign: Ill edit my post to limit confusion.

The problem with keys is that you are trading jounce for rebound, or losing droop (due to raised static height), and simultaneously increasing "spring" rate.

Proper shocks can go a long way to improve ride quality.

Eibach sway bars have a good rep here AFAIK. I would consider longer end links. That post is on a dropped NBS so they used shortened end links

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8236

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris

Your advice for sways and bushings puts me on target for better ride. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Placed an order for the Eibach F&R sways and found the Energy Suspension control arm bushings and bearings set. Nearly all of these rubber bushing appear shot. Bet my mechanic is going to have fun trying to change them all out :)

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doug,

Can you point me in the right direction? This an eBay-type item?

Thanks,
Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts