Suspension/Handling upgrades after leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can get control arms with poly bushings and ball joints already pressed in

Moog product maybe?

Maybe not. They don't seem to mention poly bushings on their RK "premium" series (problem solver). They do have
The CK and K control arms include ball joints that are powder coated metal with gusher bearings giving them a long life. These ball joints are serviceable and have grease fittings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to PM you back..unfortunately this site wants me to have sent at least 10 posts before I can do that.

It's a 2005 Tahoe 4WD Z71.

Think the cost of replacing upper and lower control arms with poly bushings may be comparable to the labor $ of replacing the old bushings? They look like a ***** to get off from what I've read. Mine are all shot :(

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes replacing with new arms and bushing pressed in is So worth it, the labor is a pain in the arse!
I have done a few sets and hated it.

The arms I found was oem, with poly bushings and ball joint installed. If I am remembering correctly they cost like 100$ or close to it.

Will keep digging until I find them.

enginehead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

With a change of ride quality after leveling what have you guys found to effectively compensate and improve handling?

Other than removing the leveling kit :) i'm trying to improve handling on my 05 Tahoe and 01 Yukon both leveled 2.5-3" up front and 1.5-2.5" in the rear. The handling is not horrible but i'd like to soften the blow over pot holes and improve corning.

Just ordered bilstein 5100's all the way around to start and curious what others have done to improve handling.

Thank in advance,
Ben
to improve handling, the first thing you need to do is not lift your vehicle, you need to lower it. having a vehicle higher up causes the vehicle to have a higher center of gravity, if you lower the vehicle it lowers the center of gravity.

I have a 2010 Tahoe that is lowered 1-2" and it handles great without putting in bushings or sway bars.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. This 8y/o post bright back memories. Thanks for the laugh on the lowering. You're absolutely right, lowering would have improved my handling back then. Since then though I've found loads of options and that truck handles great even lifted. Welcome to the forum enginehead

Reaction score
I had a torsion kit on mine and added new upper control arms from Cognito plus limit straps and was finally able to get it to align but by then I was like I might as well get a Rough Country 6"...so that's what I did. You can always spend $$$ to improve your torsion lift ride but it will never be the same as a suspension lift. Either accept that and save your money on improvements or spend a few more dollars and get the suspension lift if you can do the installation yourself of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz