Sunroof control via Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to integrate a DEI 530t or 529t with the factory sunroof in my 05 Yukon Denali. Install manual for the 530t is here: http://www.p71interceptor.com/windowmodule/installmanuals/dei530t.html and for the 529t is http://tinyurl.com/dei529t

After looking at the factory diagrams for the sunroof, I'm starting to believe that what I"m trying to do isn't possible. Diagram here: http://i34.tinypic.com/2ptxr1i.jpg

Since the sunroof has one switch for both the slide and tilt function and there's no sensor for the tilt position - there's no way for the 530t or the 529t to know what state the sunroof is in (open, closed, or tilted) to know what do to close it. For example - its already closed, it will tilt when the alarm is armed.

Am I correct that there's no limit switch for the tilt? If there is, it doesn't seem to be documented in the diagrams.

Has anyone successfully installed a 530t or 529t to operate the sunroof?

Any advice or feedback would be helpful.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may be right. If already close, it would tilt at arm.

I don't have a factory sunroof, but if I am understanding the function of it, you will probably not be able to use the GWA to close the sunroof at arm. You would probably have to use a separate aux wired in to close the sunroof with the 530t. Hitting the aux ouput one more time would then tilt the sunroof. Then an entirely SEPARATE aux output if you want to open the sunroof.

OP
OP
deadringer

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya - thats what I'm thiinking too... sad - I wished I could just get it to close so if I were to forget it would do it for me...

Well - if anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears.

DropZoneTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told it is possible to set it to close every time and that there is a sperate wiring just for closing and not tilting. I am ordering an alrm this week with the dat link module and window close modules to control all four windows and sunroof. Once I get clarification I will let you know.

DZ

OP
OP
deadringer

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told it is possible to set it to close every time and that there is a sperate wiring just for closing and not tilting. I am ordering an alrm this week with the dat link module and window close modules to control all four windows and sunroof. Once I get clarification I will let you know.

DZ

Based on the diagram (posted above) it seems like the motor and control module are in one unit - so I don't know where the "separate wiring" would be - but I'm all ears. :)

Additionally - based on how the initialization works for the motor it doesn't look like there are any sensors either... it learns the position and status of the motor each time you apply power by opening it to vent and then closing it. In fact, the service manual warns that you should NOT try to open it before initializing as it may come of the tracks! :emotions122:

Regardless, I hope you figure it - it would be nice to have the alarm auto-close it. :hands:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts