Quality Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another day, another few quality issues. First two pics are the tint issue/air bubble on rear passenger window I described in an earlier post. 2nd set of pics is the dashboard on passenger side...air bags?
Is that factory tint or did u have some installed over it?
The spot on the dash is no doubt where an airbag would deploy…im sure they all look like that.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Yeah that's not factory tint, the factory tint is infused in the glass no way that would do that if it was factory.

OP
OP
R

rmsnickers

Reaction score
Yeah that's not factory tint, the factory tint is infused in the glass no way that would do that if it was factory.
It's definitely factory tint as this truck was delivered to the dealer and I picked it up on arrival.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I finally got my hands on a brand new Z71 (2023) earlier this month after searching since Feb 2022! That being said, I am bit OCD and there are some things in the build quality that I find annoying...am I being unreasonable or is this the case with all cars?

1. Rubber seal when I lift tailgate up has a hole in it (bottom left hand side) that appears to be maybe a small drain hole but is "torn" and doesn't match the size of one on opposite side of vehicle. The rubber seal in this area is also distorted a bit and doesn't run flush like the other side.
2. The plastic backing that attaches to the interior of the trunk lid has plastic sticking out of the sides in multiple places...like the wrapper on the other side hadn't been removed completely.
3. Small scratch about 1.5" on the plastic in the 3rd row seating area.
4. When looking at the door seal on the frame of the vehicle with the driver side door open, it appears that the weld/shape is not completely smooth underneath the rubber as there's a "bump" instead of it running smooth like the other door side.
5. Similar "bump" in the rubber lining the far back passenger side rear window...you run your finger over it and it doesn't feel like the rubber is the problem but the metal underneath isn't smooth like it should be.
6. Tiny speck on the paint that is almost like a piece of salt got trapped under the clear coat...and it happens to be right on the front of the hood dead center and annoys me if I look for it in certain light.
7. Both red tow hooks have chips on them.
8. Small imperfection in the head liner right where the sunroof cut out is.

Overall, I'm probably the only person that would notice these and the truck looks great...but is this normal for Chevy or a new vehicle in general? I don't remember anything when I bought my last car (2014 Lexus IS 250).

You're not the only one, I'll bet I could find a few more nits. My 2012 which I still own has nothing on the order of what you've found the only real flaw is a slight bumper misalignment that I didn't discover before the first waxing. It's why I still own it robust and dependable that and it doesn't have a screen.

ENTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about scratches on the plastic. I had one scratch when I got my 2023 suburban and now few month later I have a lot of them (kids did it :) ) because the plastic used in the trunk, 3rd row and bottom of the door is super soft and I can easily scratch it with my nail. Wish they used better plastic but it is what it is.

Have an air bubble too - stopped noticing it after few weeks.

OP
OP
R

rmsnickers

Reaction score
Plastic I get and I've got young kid(s) so fully expect it going forward but the air bubble is bad...looks fine unless truck is sitting in sun then it looks like a big bird shit. I've got an appointment at local dealer for late this week to take in and have them and inspect...we'll see what is/isn't fixed!

Would love if any of you could validate whether or not you have the air bag outline on the dash in low light...

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my dash in low light (in the garage). I tried to look at it from multiple angles and never really could see the airbag witness lines like you’re seeing…
IMG_3205.jpeg

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to go on an off road weekend adventure, get the darn thing broke in, and all these minor imperfections will just disappear.

:)

(hell, it's a Z71, that means it's supposed to get beat to shit as part of normal use)

OP
OP
R

rmsnickers

Reaction score
lol @jforb totally get your sentiment...I just want to be the one putting the marks on this thing and not the factory ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660