Power seat horizontal control not fully functional.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillHill93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Denali. The horizontal control on the driver side power seat switch is not fully functional. It will move the seat forward and back like it should. It will tilt the front of the seat up and down like it should. It will not tilt the rear of the seat up or down and it will not move the whole seat up or down. Is it a common issue for these switches to go bad and need replaced?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be the switch. Grab a junk yard one to verify. Or listen to hear if the motor is trying to move the seat bottom up/down.

I had a similar issue with my '04 driver's seat, except that the seat front would not tilt and, because of that, no full up/down. I ended up removing the seat and connecting a (car) battery to the power connector. By cycling the switch I could identify which one of the adjustment (screw) bars was binding and was able to free it up with channel lock pliers. They seem to have a propensity to overshoot their limit and get stuck.

I'm the only driver so the seat position is left alone, although it does move properly now.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread title gave me the mental picture of John Candy in PLANES, TRAINS, & AUTOMOBILES in their LeBaron trying to get comfy in the seat........then Steve Martin gets in to snooze and it's all F'd up and malfunctioning :D

I have nothing more relevant to add other than that........or what they said above ^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar