Suede door panel accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yahh it does it looks clean mann looks like two 17 year olds are pretty good with the suede lmao

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey kasey, where did your material come from? how much a yard? doese it have any strech to it? also have any you guys seen the foam backed suede? btw, truck looks sweet

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got mine from joanna's lol for 18.99 i dont think there is a need for the foam backing it would be harder to tuck that prob for seats

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i used the same stuff on my t-top camaro headliner and came out good except around where it had to curve around and up and over the edge, and could not get any strech to make it look good. Ive found some that claims to be ''2 way strech'' (what ever that means ) but am wondering if its at the expense of being nice material? thanks for the response.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
well I have 2 different kinds in my hoe right now
the stuff on my doors and air bag is from joanns and thats some pretty quality stuff I got it for around $12 a yard IIRC, like I said earlier in this thread just look in the paper or online for coupons they always have like 50% off coupons

the stuff I used on my center console, glove compartment, etc. is from distinctivefabric.com and the reason I bought it there was because it was 60" wide so I bought a bunch in order to do my headliner but I didn't feel comfortable doing my headliner at the time so I just started wrapping more random pieces in my car

I would not recommend that "suede" because it is REALLY thin and the glue soaked through even on the lightest spots but I was quick to wipe it with some paint thinner then dry it off and it was fine, and it also looks more like fleece and doesn't feel like suede

my buddy bought the foam backed suede from a different website and used it on his headliner and it looked great and was probably much easier to handle because the glue wouldn't soak through so easy

I'm going to be buying the same when I get some money to do my headliner since I already have the 3M 90 for it

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do the head liner are you gonna just lay it over the current head liner?

And did you have any trouble with creasing around the corners and curves at all? if that makes sense. like on the center counsel. great thread by the way!

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
yeah just over the old stuff, I have read on how to do headliners on just about every site, and it really depends on the quality of your current headliner

I should have taken more pictures but the whole center console just comes apart so there are a few pieces to wrap but the hardest one was the piece below the cupholders and behind the slots because they had such drastic curves

the trick is to let the glue work for you, get it tacky and set it in the curve first and work your way around that

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you remove the bose grills? I have some suede left and thinking of tackling this weekend. want to paint the grills

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you remove the door you will see the grill had little tabs on the back side and you just bend them straight and your good should pop right off

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, speaker grills are easy to remove but you gotta take the damn panels off for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700