2013 yukon xl 1500 slt ivory drivers door panel.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahulsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a place to post about this, but recently I posted in here about some issues and found a lot of help. A few years ago I had an accident and after my truck was fixed I didn’t realize I had hit the door panel handle(I think that’s what it’s called) when it jolted me and that was lose. I went to open my door after that and the complete thing came off. I was saving it hoping to get it repaired and I have an autistic son that I’m assuming was playing with the little leather thing and now it’s no where to be found assuming he’s trashed it. I’ve purchased 2 at salvage yards and either one was the correct one. The only place I’ve found the correct one is eBay for $500. I just can’t do that right now. Anyone have any suggestions if I can somehow fix it where it doesn’t look tacky or somewhere cheaper to get a replacement that will ship? I’m only familiar with salvage yards in my area and of course google search. Here’s a pic of the broken drivers side and good passenger side. Excuse the messiness. I have kids that leave junk all in my car.‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_5215.jpeg
    IMG_5215.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 6

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a major annoyance for 2010+ GMT900 owners. Guys on here and on Youtube have demonstrated how to reinforce the broken handle using several different methods. You're going to need donor parts to fix that driver's door, even if broken.

The 2007-2009 door panels are different, with smaller grab handles that don't break. The trim for the window controls is different, longer, so if you decide to convert, make sure you get all those pieces.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the right place. I've had good luck with keeping up on Facebook marketplace and finding people parting out these rigs. You can swap yours with a complete door card including switches from a 2007-2009 SUV, as James suggests. Long body and short body front doors are the same.

Good on ya for raising an autistic kiddo with love and support.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, good background info on what’s going on. The ease of repair depends on the willingness of the shop doing the repair for you. I’ll assume you would like to have it done in a day and not pay the dealer 9-$1.5k for new replacement parts that may or may not be available still.

When I dealt with several broken actuators, door handles and stolen set of keys the insurance recommended I take it to a body shop. It didn’t work out that way but it may for you.

See if a local body shop is willing to bid you out on finding a color matching 07-10 door, having a wrecker ship it to the shop and swapping 100% of the door card and it’s guts into your 11-14 door. Once they get the door from the wrecker, all the parts will be there and you’ll have a parts and labor guarantee for at least a year. They should be able to do it in a day, on a fixed price without it failing like it’s known to.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Any luck on get’n her fixed? I know some days are 34 hour days crammed into one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts