Suede door panel accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I talked with Brndns_hoe about his suede door inserts and have seen a few others on here with it. I really like it. I think too much might look tack but done in moderation itll look good.

mine is black with tan interior. i want to do black suede on the door panels to start. if that goes well i might do some other pieces.

please post your pics if you got em. the hoe92 - your photobucket pics arent working. id love to see yours. any tips or tricks as to how you installed it are appreciated too. i wish someone did a step by step how to on it. maybe i will.

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto

I think a subtle application would look fantastic with that color combo. Easy to overdue though. Hopefully this is an expensive mod to keep you in check.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think it should be all that expensive. just buy some adhesive spray and a roll of suede at a fabric store.

i just want feedback from guys who have done it as to how they did the install and see their pics...soooooo where they at fellas??!!?

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much like you said narco, buy the spray adhesive and some suede. I need to do mine over because I did it almost 3yrs ago and I want it to look fresh again.

Here's my rear door...

23099350087_large.jpg

Here's my front door before I added the pods..
23099350072_large.jpg

And here's the front pod
23099350089_large.jpg

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
look in the sunday ads joanns ALWAYS has like a 50% discount just go grab like 2 yards it should be about $25 then go to autozone, kragen, hell even walmart and grab some 3M you can get 77 but lately I have seen the NASCAR 3M and it has a scale just get the medium grade it should work fine.

2 tools I found to be very important!!
both in this next picture..
img8326.jpg

first is to the left of the razor I don't know what its called but its nylon and has to different tips on the end PERFECT for tucking the suede in the groove on the top of your door.

second is a VERY sharp razor I can't stress that enough..
the first time I did the suede over the bottom carpet the razor I used was dull so it cut the suede jagged and turned out bad

the top part I made a cardboard cut out and put that over the suede and traced it a little bigger then shoved the extra in the groove and it holds.
I'm going to do it again and glue it I just wasn't sure if I was going to like the suede like you so I didn't glue it.
the trick is to keep enough on both sides because the suede I got is not real stretchy so it pulls from the opposite side, but like I said it turns out clean because everything tucks in the groove

then just use a sharp razor and cut an X pattern where the lock goes and that pulls it all together

I don't know if you want to do the handle insert so I'll wait to explain that one

img8383.jpg

theres the passenger side but the same goes for the drivers :)

hope this helps a little

-Kasey

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm still trying to find the how to on this narco, with pics and all....and like the others said, 2 yards is what i used, and it was enough for that top and bottom piece on the front doors and the top on the rear doors. the cardboard idea is a good idea, i just laid the suede backwards over the pieces on the panel to be done and traced it with chalk or something.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man 25 bucks for 2 yards is pretty cheap the fake stuff is 27 pr yard where im at

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
i'm still trying to find the how to on this narco, with pics and all....and like the others said, 2 yards is what i used, and it was enough for that top and bottom piece on the front doors and the top on the rear doors. the cardboard idea is a good idea, i just laid the suede backwards over the pieces on the panel to be done and traced it with chalk or something.
its on GMFullSize but there is a link some where on here the thread is called Mod List or something like that I'll find it later for you guys

I need that tool! As you can see my top edge didn't come out all that great that's another reason I have wanted to do it over.
its great its nylon so its really soft on the door doesn't mess it up..
I also used it on my emblems and side moldings works great on paint
and don't worry I have to redo my carpet because the top edge came out bad

Man 25 bucks for 2 yards is pretty cheap the fake stuff is 27 pr yard where im at
I think its fake suede its really nice stuff.. I used a different kind for my center console that I bought online and the stuff at joanns is way nicer has a thicker backing and the suede feels real!

lol its funny how he found the suede at joanns. mad props though =)
its the first place I went, grew a pair walked in went straight to the back found it and got back out can't stay in there too long haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts