05 suburban 2500 driver door switch panel not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added powerfold mirrors to my 03 using parts from different donor trucks. Never had to get anything programmed, everything was plug n play.
OP--If you have folding power mirrors that replacement mirror switch would be wrong, it won't work for you. But that would just affect your mirrors from folding nothing else.
No folding mirrors just basic 2500 mirrors with turn signals. Not even power adjust

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you figure it out?

I looked at my project 04 suburban 2500 yesterday. I had forgotten that I had popped in a switch I got from a 2004 Yukon XL that was getting parted out and got an engine from. The switch didn't work at all either.

I reinstalled the original switch and it works, except it doesn't lock. I can lock from the key fob, but not from the door switch. Everything else works though. There is board inside that has some sort of chip.

OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been playing around with no luck still. Went over to Chevy and was able to uss a mdi2 and programming software to try and reprogram my driver door module (switch panel) and wasn't able to do it. The module has no connection and doesn't show and data and can't be programmed. Tried to put a jumper wire in place to the brown signal wire but still no luck. Any help is appreciated

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a similar issue with our '05 Suburban 2500 LT; it was bad wiring to the ECU under the hood. Some were rusted, some were rusted through. You might want to look there. Couldn't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar