2007-2013 LT door panel to LTZ or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997 Silverado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have went through a learning experience on this but figured out a way to make this work. First let’s cover what won’t work:

1. Switch panels will not interchange. You could extract the new wiring harness then have the truck reflashed but even then you might have to replace the body module.
2. If you install panel door will not close on extended cab due to outer seat belt placement.

I was able to make it work on the cheap and this is what I did. See pics.

Well I cannot get pics to post but this is what I did.

1. Use a dremel to cut out switches in new panel. The cut switches out of old panel and glue it to fit.
2. Cut the new door panel to shut around the seatbelt box. Cut the old panel out to fit the hole in the new panel. Use aluminum rivets to attach at overlap.

You have to butcher old and new switches and panels but it’s much cheaper than the alternative. I painted switch panels flat black they look great. Feel free to email me if you would like to see the pics of how it was done.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have went through a learning experience on this but figured out a way to make this work. First let’s cover what won’t work:

1. Switch panels will not interchange. You could extract the new wiring harness then have the truck reflashed but even then you might have to replace the body module.
2. If you install panel door will not close on extended cab due to outer seat belt placement.

1. Use a dremel to cut out switches in new panel. The cut switches out of old panel and glue it to fit.
2. Cut the new door panel to shut around the seatbelt box. Cut the old panel out to fit the hole in the new panel. Use aluminum rivets to attach at overlap.

You have to butcher old and new switches and panels but it’s much cheaper than the alternative. I painted switch panels flat black they look great. Feel free to email me if you would like to see the pics of how it was done.
Thanks for sharing. If you're using a phone you should be able to insert photos into this post through the browser.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The main issue here is not necessarily the trim level but the year utilized, the door panels were redesigned in I believe 2010 so normally you stick to the same design years either 07-09 or 10-14, otherwise your main differences are trim for things like heated seats and memory, but as you found it "can" be done

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have to reduce the photo file size to upload the photos. On Androids, I believe that it asks you if you want to reduce the photo file size before sending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts