Suburban off road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mechanicus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their suburban off road or through any trails? Replacing my REBEL with something paid off and able to be worked on and wanting the same luxuries and off road capability... Which I know sounds weird but the suburban is way more affordable. Just looking to see what its short comings are or if its fine with everything and just needs a lift and 33s.

If you have any action pictures that could be referenced that would be great.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their suburban off road or through any trails? Replacing my REBEL with something paid off and able to be worked on and wanting the same luxuries and off road capability... Which I know sounds weird but the suburban is way more affordable. Just looking to see what its short comings are or if its fine with everything and just needs a lift and 33s.

There have been a few threads on folks taking their rigs off-road

Here is one:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/overlanding.114478/

Here another:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/denali-awd-driving-off-road.114992/

OP
OP
mechanicus

mechanicus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I've read through that first one before, but ill dive into the GMC.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do a search for Avalanches on youtube. Folks have even done MOAB with brand new Yukon XLs. We've taken ours off road a bunch of times, nothing too drastic save for some deep water but she went right through it. Lift and 33s will make it even more nimble off road.

Where do you live and what kind of off-roading are you planning?

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Nothing much more than fire roads. It's too large and heavy for anything more technical, unless you don't care about dents and scrapes (I do). I'd like to get a beat up but mechanically sound GMT400 Suburban 2500 to take down trails and not have to worry about scraping it up.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing much more than fire roads. It's too large and heavy for anything more technical, unless you don't care about dents and scrapes (I do). I'd like to get a beat up but mechanically sound GMT400 Suburban 2500 to take down trails and not have to worry about scraping it up.

Here's Matt's 2500 @Matt_ :

20181115_190735-jpg.210859

Set up for off-roading but don't know if he's done it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts