Sub Woofer Addition Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On Bose sub woofer amp, what are the color codes for the amp outs to the factory speaker, thinking of adding a amp and sub woofer. It's a 2005 factory Bose system in the Yucon.

OP
OP
AL Yeager

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think that RPO would be for navigation, no do not have that option. I have a 05 Yucon SLT.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y91 is the Luxury Bose system found in Denali; your SLT will be Premium Bose (without Y91). The two are entirely different amplification systems.

Attached are the connector end views for entertainment. Note - the "outs" for the subwoofer are already amplified. You would likely need a harness adapter to get line-out before amplification. This one looks like it might work: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/aoem-gm24

Attachments

• ENTERTAINMENT_CONNECTORS.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

GregBunney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Y91 is the Luxury Bose system found in Denali; your SLT will be Premium Bose (without Y91). The two are entirely different amplification systems.

Attached are the connector end views for entertainment. Note - the "outs" for the subwoofer are already amplified. You would likely need a harness adapter to get line-out before amplification. This one looks like it might work: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/aoem-gm24
Hey I was just reading through here and I’m gonna put subs in my Tahoe as well. Just to clarify that harness adapter makes it so the lines aren’t amplified and you could then have your sub on its own amp and speakers on the Bose still?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia