Sub Box Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have these 2 10" subs hanging around and I am wanting to put the in the Tahoe. My first Idea was to put them behind the rear interior panels but that looks like a great deal of work. So now I am thinking about just building a sealed box but I dnt want them easily seen through the windows...need some ideas

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much fabing you want to do? Easy way just build a low profile box and put in the back with matching carpet. To look good do it the way you don't want to or if you have barn doors build a box in them, or cut a hole in the back of the hoe and put it there (all sealed up of course). Remember it will only look as good as the effort you put into it.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want mine readily visible either so I went pretty dark on the tint on the rear windows and I plan to buy a cargo shade to cover it. I put 15% over factory tint on the rear, which is 5% now, and you have to walk up to the truck and cup your hands to see in. The cargo shade will just hide it more. You can buy them for around $100. I believe it's about 16" from the floor to the top of the rear panel so you'd want your box lower than that to fit the shade. Well, that's the measurements on my NNBS, not sure about yours.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will they fit under the back seat?
Most likely but I dnt want to loose the ability to fold them down
How much fabing you want to do? Easy way just build a low profile box and put in the back with matching carpet. To look good do it the way you don't want to or if you have barn doors build a box in them, or cut a hole in the back of the hoe and put it there (all sealed up of course). Remember it will only look as good as the effort you put into it.
I was thinking a low profile box and maby facing the subs down but wasnt sure how that would sound in the hoe...i have never even taken the panels off the barn door guess ill have to look into that and see if they will fit
I didn't want mine readily visible either so I went pretty dark on the tint on the rear windows and I plan to buy a cargo shade to cover it. I put 15% over factory tint on the rear, which is 5% now, and you have to walk up to the truck and cup your hands to see in. The cargo shade will just hide it more. You can buy them for around $100. I believe it's about 16" from the floor to the top of the rear panel so you'd want your box lower than that to fit the shade. Well, that's the measurements on my NNBS, not sure about yours.

I have a cargo shade in mine but it leaves a gap in between it and the rear seats so the box would just be out in the middle and dont really wont it sliding around

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lets start with the depth of the driver.. that will help us alot...

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about removing the center console in the front between the bucket seats. That is what I plan to do. Build a box with the 10's downfiring and a padded arm rest on top.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about removing the center console in the front between the bucket seats. That is what I plan to do. Build a box with the 10's downfiring and a padded arm rest on top.

I dnt know that my fabrication skills are that good I would have to see some pics of one first.

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you working on a tight budget? if not have it done for you, probably be a couple hundred bucks but would be about as stealth as you can get.

If your not in a hurry I will be building mine in a month or so, even if I don't have my subs just to have an arm rest that is functional...and I will take pics of that process

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts