Sub Box Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you working on a tight budget? if not have it done for you, probably be a couple hundred bucks but would be about as stealth as you can get.

If your not in a hurry I will be building mine in a month or so, even if I don't have my subs just to have an arm rest that is functional...and I will take pics of that process

yeh budget is a little tight right now cause I just put new leaf springs and all 4 shocks on the hoe...... Im in no hurry and since this vehicle is 16 years old I like too use it as my guinea pig for learning new skills

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Boston accoustic 10 inch competition sub with the dual magnets. i built a rectangular box and mounted the subwoofer in it then made another piece with a hole in it to cover the edges of the mounting circle around the sub. Then covered it with matching carpet. cost me like 50$... Not many places to put it in these trucks where it wont be seen. I would just get darker tint... The only piece of my sound system that i could hide is my amp. Its an alpine 5 channel i built a small shelf to keep it off the carpet and put it inbetween the back seat and the spare tire in my two door.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like center console not gonna be able to happen bc i just found a full length one out of an expedition im use to replace the factory one

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fabbed up a center console with (2) Powerbass 10's in it, firing downward. Underneath, I've got an amp rack that hold s (3) amps, and a stiffening capacitor and distribution block. The top of the console folds up, I've got enough room to put about 20CD's, and have enough room left over to put all my paperwork as a contractor.

In the rear corners (quarterpanels), I've built and fiberglassed enclosures that left me with a gross volume of about 2.5 cu ft, have a Celestion 15" sub in each.... and still have 49" between the enclosures for carrying sheetrock and plywood.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fabbed up a center console with (2) Powerbass 10's in it, firing downward. Underneath, I've got an amp rack that hold s (3) amps, and a stiffening capacitor and distribution block. The top of the console folds up, I've got enough room to put about 20CD's, and have enough room left over to put all my paperwork as a contractor.

In the rear corners (quarterpanels), I've built and fiberglassed enclosures that left me with a gross volume of about 2.5 cu ft, have a Celestion 15" sub in each.... and still have 49" between the enclosures for carrying sheetrock and plywood.

How much of the quarter panel did you have to cut out to make this possible

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have thought about that too, If I had the money to spend on materials for fiberglass experimentation I would try to build a box above the rear wheel. Do a 15" on each side

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
maybe like this? doesn't take up much space and easy to make

Attachments

• subbbb.jpg
    subbbb.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 108

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your goals for the system? Do you want to get loud, sound quality, or just add a little to the low end that your truck can't do now?

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your goals for the system? Do you want to get loud, sound quality, or just add a little to the low end that your truck can't do now?

yeh pretty much add some low end and hopefully that help sound quality a little... plus to 2 subs I have are just sitting in the spare room so need to give them a job

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh pretty much add some low end and hopefully that help sound quality a little... plus to 2 subs I have are just sitting in the spare room so need to give them a job

Two subs is going to be more than just adding low end. If you just want to add a little bass, I would take one of the subs, throw it in a sealed box and toss it in the corner that will be out of the way. That will be the most cost feasible option. But I have a feeling you will want more bass. Those aren't bad subs so you have a lot of options. Do you have an amp yet?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia