Stupid high prices on Eskys' and Denali's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy here pay heres snap these things up because they will sell in ANY condition. They'll make a mint off it, probably sell it 10 times, and not fix anything.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The market is definitely weird for sure, alot of dealers locked in trades before the rona, are deep in vehicles and demand they still pull prices. The alure of 2000-2014 is they are alot more tried and true than the k2 stuff. I still pass 20 to 40 nbs and nnbs on a 10 mile drive during the week. I love the look of the yukon in k2, but the electronics etc and direct injection make me re think it every time and knowing mine is paid off makes it sweeter. bought for 18k over two years ago, had 95k on it, now 137k and minimal repairs needed.

Watching used denali and esky here, sometimes they pop up a good deal, most of the time over priced, there was a 07 esky with 44k miles not too long ago that was 14k bucks... hard to pass that up.

End of the day its what people are willing to pay for a ride, and with this crap going on, alot of folks dont need a new vehicle to commute anymore, or got tired of 700 $ payments, and are in the market to downsize money owed.

Its really making a 6.2 swap or some performance mods for my 12 burb look sweeter every day.

Good deals are out there, dealers are trying to take heads off wherever they can in used due to less folks buying. Lowball trades, inflated sales. Used car game is a shit sport for sure these days. If I found a denali or esky I wanted, I would put this burb on here for sale, honest price, no hidden bs, and let it live on through someone here who loved these things, and would do her right. Enough of us are always looking for nice rides and sometimes need a replacement due to theft or accident or worse case, divorce.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an Escalade or Denali, but a 2002 Tahoe LT with the locker and 3.73s that's never left Georgia. I paid $4800 for it, rebuilt the front suspension and changed fluids, and put some take off 2014 wheels on which already had damn near new Bridgestone K02s on them.

I was just offered $10K for it -- cash. I might sell it at that price!

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an Escalade or Denali, but a 2002 Tahoe LT with the locker and 3.73s that's never left Georgia. I paid $4800 for it, rebuilt the front suspension and changed fluids, and put some take off 2014 wheels on which already had damn near new Bridgestone K02s on them.

I was just offered $10K for it -- cash. I might sell it at that price!
Takr it!!!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Ford dealership just offered $22,000 trade-in for my clean 2012 Tahoe LT with tow and convenience packages. One owner 34,000 miles with minor road rash and few chips up front. It was tempting but I backed down took her home checked her fluids and hand washed her like I always do. Now hoping my Hoe forgives me, such a fool she has always been true.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Ford dealership just offered $22,000 trade-in for my clean 2012 Tahoe LT with tow and convenience packages. One owner 34,000 miles with minor road rash and few chips up front. It was tempting but I backed down took her home checked her fluids and hand washed her like I always do. Now hoping my Hoe forgives me, such a fool she has always been true.

What Ford would you have gotten? Other than a mustang gt there is NO forfd i would want....

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Ford would you have gotten? Other than a mustang gt there is NO forfd i would want....

It was a 20 Limited Expedition. Nice truck but the interior is a bit too plastic and the driver seat bottom was shorter than the Chevy. I thought I needed the extra room but as long as I pack carefully mine will do.

I also preferred my 12 to a new 21 Tahoe I made the right decision keeping my Hoe. Perhaps in a few years I'll give the new Tahoe a second look, I feel they are adding useless features and reducing quality overall but that's just my opinion. Granted if I needed a new vehicle I could probably tolerate these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar