Stupid high prices on Eskys' and Denali's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have watched how the used prices have risen. Watched the auction prices....unbelievable...

https://bid.repocast.com/lots/23441...V2W3dpZF09MiZzdGF0dXM9YWxsJnR5cGU9d2F0Y2hpbmc.

2012 Escalade Premium.... 122k....Trans Broken, engine knock.....

Still sold for 11k....

I figure a MINIMUM of 5-6k to get it right, 1-2k on cosmetics, shocks etc. what are they planning on getting for it... 22k?

I bought my Denali XL for 17+ a year ago.....

Am i wrong?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see them all over the place in the last week I saw a 07 denali xl 180k for $5500, 08 denali xl 198k low oil pressure $6k, 07 burb 140k $6k, couple other's 7500-8000
there gone quick though within a few hours. what I see absurd prices are on the nbs people are trying to get dealer price-they just sit there for weeks/months people have high hopes.

Reaction score
Those '09 6.2's that James linked in another thread I thought were priced pretty high. I understand that engine with a non AWD combo is rare, but still high for what it is.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Features and options. In 14 I couldn’t find a NBS Denali XL that wasn’t beaten by what looked like 4 kids using it as their daily from the time they were 6mo to teens. Almost drove to AZ to purchase a red 06 w/ 70k for $14k fully spec’d w/ factory 20’s.

In 14 there were no NNBS to be had except a 07 Denali XL w/ really high miles. Only found two 2008 in SoCal. The fully spec’d Denali XL AWD I drove 200 mi to purchase for $19k @ 96k miles and a bare bones Denali XL AWD for $17.5 The 09’s were almost $10k more. +2010 Denali hovered slightly above and below $30k during 2014.

Fast forward now, like the man said, they are listed for crazy prices and getting pretty close to those prices because everyone is paying their debt down and buying their GMT900 cash. The person who paid $12.5k for our 08 Denali @ 140k did so to get out of a $600 mo pymt on a Caddy XT4. It took almost 60 days to sell. Kept dropping the price from $14k and held @ $12.5 til sold.

That’s crazy money for a 140k mi vehicle from 2008. The later, more featured NNBS fetch even more resale. GM stayed true to the NNBS basic body proportions after 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch copart too... Watched a video of a guy who bought a 15 or 16 escalade esv for like 15k. Allegedly had a Crack in the frame or something major. Title was clean, he bought it, took it to a mechanic who found a few small things and a little body work to do. Probably 3k later and the thing is mint. Super weird, probably not common, but possible I suppose.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch copart too... Watched a video of a guy who bought a 15 or 16 escalade esv for like 15k. Allegedly had a Crack in the frame or something major. Title was clean, he bought it, took it to a mechanic who found a few small things and a little body work to do. Probably 3k later and the thing is mint. Super weird, probably not common, but possible I suppose.

There probably was a salvage title if they bought it at Copart. That can happen.

What I was amazed at was a price of 11k for a Escalade that had an engine knock and clearly MAJOR driveline issues....

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crappy used car dealers eat these trucks up because they will sell in any condition and most people don’t fix them after they buy them. They drive them until they quit. That’s why it’s very difficult to even find a nice 10 year old used vehicle in the first place. It took me 2 years to find my 08 Escalade and I drove 3 hours to get it. I still put a good bit of money into it but I bought it for the color combination and 2WD.

SPDMETL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
6.2/2WD=drivetrain donor for...almost anything! and OMG, what these things cost new! Were any of you watching prices when the virus first hit and the world shut down? Lowest I've EVER seen. Cheaper to buy discounted new than 2 years old w/miles.

And the dirty ******* won't sell you a sunroof or 6.2 in your SLE-you wouldn't need a Denali then, would you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts