Stupid fix it tickets! need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pulled over 2 times in last month for my tinted taillights. Damn cops have nothing better to do here in San Diego than waste my freaking time with fix it tickets!! Looking to buy a set of 07-14 tail lights that are NOT tinted. Can be from a Yukon or Tahoe so I can throw them in and have the cops clear the ticket.

Last edited:

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the denali taillights if you want them.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ebay a set of cheap scratched up tails.

Then get smart and get some black background with clear lense LED tails.
There are some very nice looking ones available on amazon and ebay.

This gives the appearance of tinted, while being legal.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are the OEM tails that use the typical bulbs. I think I have both harnesses attached as well. Shoot me a PM with a fair price and we'll go from there. BTW I'm in Tustin, so if you want to meet somewhere you can save on shipping :)

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a set of these black housing G4 LED's and be done lol!:D Nothing like cops harassing you over tinted tail lights. Been there before.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-14-Chevy...Black-G4-LED-Tail-Lights-1-Pair-/141682684876

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I don't understand how tinted tails can be illegal. Some new cars come with tinted tails from the factory.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ezdaar I have factory just spray tinted
@LADenali I'm not a fan of those but thanks, I found a factory set on eBay for cheap. Just going to go with those
@GalaxyBlackEsky here in the lovely state of California, it is illegal to modify damn near everything on a car. Some cops don't care cause they have better things to do, others get off on giving tickets to moded cars. The last cop even tried to give me a ticket for "tinted headlights" I had to get out of the car to show him it's technically not tinted it's just a wrap to prevent the oxidation that headlights get

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinted tailights are becoming a insurance issue. More are more dash cameras out these days. You can loose a rear end collision claim easily if you have custom tinted tails and the person who was texting and driving can prove a considerable amount of diminished light coming from your vehicle. Or you can get a good lawyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos