Stumble at idle....ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pulling into a parking space the other day and she died on me. I started it back up and parked and she died again.

Here is what I know: She runs fine until I come to a stop or when I start her up. Then she will start acting like she wants to die....the rpms will drop below 500 and the voltage drops below 14 (on the gauge). One thing that is weird is that the voltage on my yukon reads above 14 (usually about 15) which seems high to me...kinda like the alternator is acting up.

The truck has 102k on it and I changed the fuel filter and plugs a few thousand miles ago. Its been running fine up until last week after I got it back from the body shop....my wife hit something and I had to get a fender replaced.

Ideas?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dirty throttle body!!!! Take your air intake tube off of your throttle body, buy some Seafoam Deep Creep and spray the crap out of the throttle body flapper as well as inside of the throttle body, wipe off as much crud you can! Follow the directions, it should solve your problem! Also pick up some MAF sensor spray and clean your Mass airflow sensor while you are at it, and make sure your air cleaner filter isn't too nasty or replace it while you are at it!

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a Fuel/Idle air vacuum switch on these Tahoe's that seem to go bad. I just replaced mine that was doing the same, Let me dig up the part number for you.

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that dosent work you might have to do an idle relearn. if the battery was discoed for any length of time. let it idle in each gear, inculding P, R & N for not less than 5min.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did something like this when the battery went bad so I would start with that and alternator have the both tested!

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'll definitely get some seafoam and clean the TB and also clean the MAS.

I'm also interested in that fuel/idle switch. How much did that cost? Did you buy at a dealer or local parts store?

What does y'alls trucks voltage look like according to the stock gauge? Mine is above 14 which seems high (compared to other vehicles I've owned) so I'm wondering if its overcharging.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
My idle is at just over 14 as well. I've had similar problems with two other vehicles in the past and Sea Foam helped out.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I bought some seafoam tonight and plan on spraying through the TB tomorrow.

One question: Do you guys use it anywhere else? I saw that you should spray it through the vacuum if the vehicle is port injected. Is our trucks port injected?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, look at all the help :waytogo:

BOSS is a PROUD ass member of TahoeYukonForum.com !!!!!

BOSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo