Strut replacement 2007 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alljuiced1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon... i bought this vehicle used and it sat lowered in the front and a little low in the rear... decided to change the struts in the front and now the yukon looks like stock height in the front and lowered in the rear. I dont know what the previous owner did to lower the vehicle but im guessing it was heating the springs or using lowering springs..? Now my question is can i just use drop spindles in the front to lower the vehicle or do i need to change the srings on the struts also?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 Yukon... i bought this vehicle used and it sat lowered in the front and a little low in the rear... decided to change the struts in the front and now the yukon looks like stock height in the front and lowered in the rear. I dont know what the previous owner did to lower the vehicle but im guessing it was heating the springs or using lowering springs..? Now my question is can i just use drop spindles in the front to lower the vehicle or do i need to change the srings on the struts also?
Does your Yukon have AutoLevel as an original option? If so they could have simply removed the air shocks in the rear and left the softer springs that go with AutoLevel.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the goal is a level ride you could switch the rear springs back to stock. Look at the rear and see if there are shock extenders. If so they most likely used sprigs to lower the rear. If you go the route of lowering the front you don’t need anything but the spindles.

OP
OP
A

alljuiced1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the goal is a level ride you could switch the rear springs back to stock. Look at the rear and see if there are shock extenders. If so they most likely used sprigs to lower the rear. If you go the route of lowering the front you don’t need anything but the spindles.
Thanks... that's what I was thinking... just spindles.. didn't know if I needed to change the strut springs on the front too.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. The spindle just moves the mounting point up 2 inches. Everything else stays in the same spot. What size wheels are you running?

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner may of taken out the 1” spring spacers or the rear shocks might be bad or a combination of “all of the above”. I have a 2/4 belltech drop kit, kept the rear spring spacer so it’s really a 2/3. Anyways the rear shocks are bad and the rear’s noticeably lower than the front. Might be worth checking out, if you had be access to a professional scan tool you can check the physical state of each strut and shocks resistance and pressures.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz