Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ford has settled. That should mean the other 2 will shortly. The deal was/is as good as its going to get. Should be at conclusion here soon.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ford has settled. That should mean the other 2 will shortly. The deal was/is as good as its going to get. Should be at conclusion here soon.
33% with cola
not bad for the workers it sounds like

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't justify higher costs if you are profitable. You can justify it if you say we need to make X amount of profit % per year.

But currently they are making record profits with no benefit to the labor helping make that possible. So a increase of 30% higher pay won't magically make their record profits disappear. It will just be less record profit but profit nonetheless.
What ticked me off was when an upper level GMC manager was crowing about how much higher the average transaction price was recently. This was right after releasing the Ultimate version of the Yukon and Sierra, which is a ridiculous markup for what is added.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the strike is still on for GM. They just striked the Spring Hill assembly which makes a lot of the engines. V8’s for trucks, yukons, and the 2.7 turbo for Silverado

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a balanced discussion of the situation. If this appeals to you stay away from the popular Corvette website they actually influenced my buying decision. Anyway way to go, TYF, I only wish I still needed a large SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo