Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, back to strike talk. UAW says they need a serious offer by noon tomorrow(Friday) or they’re going to shut down more plants. Be interesting if they go after Arlington. My 23’ suburban is scheduled for next week

Just bring it all down (either OEMs or UAW)... that way we can just settle this once and for all.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well another post that is being threatened a shut down and other posts that have been shut down with a certain member being in the middle of it. Unreal. Not what this forum is all about.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is stopping the Big 3 from saying "ya know what, this isn't worth it, F the union we are done here". Then just hiring new people and being a non-union like Toyota?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is stopping the Big 3 from saying "ya know what, this isn't worth it, F the union we are done here". Then just hiring new people and being a non-union like Toyota?
Its what I wish they would do... But be careful.. I mentioned something like that on page 1 of this thread, and it got deleted..

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the stellantis side, guy I talked to this morning that works for them told me the Ram 1500 plant in Sterling Heights, MI is where they will be striking next. So that’s a big one for them.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will also affect parts orders.

On GMPartsGiant.com:

"The strike by the United Auto Workers union is causing a delay for GM dealers to receive parts across the United States. Your order may experience a longer processing time."

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In some states it would be against state law.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but in my day job I research and consult with companies all over the world on their employee experience. Labor relations practices have changed significantly since the '70s when the news was filled with acrimonious strikes at steel plants in Pittsburgh and elsewhere.

vinbart

Reaction score
I was going to suggest people stock up on spare parts, but the parts come from suppliers that shouldn't be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76