Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the beginning of the end of the strike. The Arlington plant is meant to hurt GM. It is now who can wait the longest.

I would think the UAW will have their best offer this week or already have it. Strikes are about leverage and who can take the most pain. I believe the leverage has shifted to the Big 3. I also think that UPS contract was an outlier not the new labor normal. I believe that the UAW anticipated a fairly quick resolution and that has now passed.

I think the Big 3 could easily hold on til early next year. Not sure about these striking workers. I have also heard rumblings that the "strike fund" has been grossly exaggerated. Will be an interesting next few weeks.

Could be a painful year end/ Holiday season for many workers and I do not see any joy in that.
Kind of makes u wonder if the big 3 will hold out to end the union….? Is that something that can be done?

Last edited:

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, just like raising minimum wage and who pays for it the consumer does that's who. The price of vehicles will go up a few grand to pay for the labor costs.
OMG stop using the raising minimum wage false argument. Prices on everything have gone up. In 2011 I bought a fully loaded Yukon Denali for $55K and the same vehicle is now $90K. Know what didn’t cause it? A change in minimum wage.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG stop using the raising minimum wage false argument. Prices on everything have gone up. In 2011 I bought a fully loaded Yukon Denali for $55K and the same vehicle is now $90K. Know what didn’t cause it? A change in minimum wage.
then how do you explain everything staying the same price when minimum wage was 7.25 for 30 years

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These big companies will probably just outsource more parts to not lose profits unfortunately. Which means quality control will continue to suck

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, if my vehicle is showing as being produced, and supposedly in transit, that means this strike shouldn’t affect it arriving, correct???? (Fingers crossed!)

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look to me that everything stayed the same.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These big companies will probably just outsource more parts to not lose profits unfortunately. Which means quality control will continue to suck
I don't know how much more they can outsource unless they want to take over dealers and buy vehicle to sell.

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe our 23 turned 24 will turn into a 25 now. More to time to keep setting money aside I guess.

I am a member of a union, although it’s a fairly weak one. I don’t think the union would go away, but they could take some big hits like losing arbitration. If you look at the statistics of how many Americans live paycheck to paycheck with no savings account, record CC debt, ect I really think the manufacturers have the upper hand this time. If statistics are correct about 90% of the workers on strike can’t make it a month without going in the hole.

We have a Suburban on order (only deposit paid no allocation yet) and my worry is a bitter workforce coming back to the assembly line and building shit vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474