Stock navigation question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I have a 2009 Tahoe LT non-Bose stereo. I am looking at getting a stock navigation out of a 2007 Suburban. What am I going to need to get this to work? Do I need to get an amp to run it? Any special connections needed or is it just plug and play? Also will the USA-SPEC PA20-GM work so I can run my Ipod off of that?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry cant help you, there might be some threads on it. I know ive seen some of them, cant remember where they were, since it doesnt really pertain to me. but i think you would have to have the radio, the antenna and the nav disk and possible get the radio unlocked for your truck. (if i remember correctly reading through posts.)

dawvu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
don't do it. you will be just as lost. its a piece of crap.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, since you are looking for honest answers here goes. I wanted to do the same thing only to find out that the new OEM nav unit would not work in a non-Bose system. Yes adding a amp will help but I will say you really need to be up on your wiring and schematic reading. All the info is "out there" on the internet but it took me almost a month to get everything I felt was needed.

Then had open heart surgery and my list of to do things changed drastically. Suddenly a nav radio really isn't that important or that cool. I will suggest that if you live in a place that has a shop that specializes in installations you might want to seriously consider them. Also if you need a unit that also has DVD capability then contact me.

BOOMER SOONER!

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Okla pm sent

Johnson8537

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Talk to scott at Schram I just ordered a Kit from him!! GREAT PRICES..
Tell Him Johnson8537 sent you!

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Schram-Auto-Parts/Car Audio, Video/Navigation GPS/?sck=30761272

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

here is a link to a DIY install guide!

Pretty easy!

http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...de-Tahoe-Silverado_W0QQugidZ10000000004593584

plug and play ( Minus the VSS harness which I bought so vehicle will keep tracking when it loses signal and allow voice commands!)

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still my original question has not been answered. Will this work with a non-Bose system?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Ok one other question. Does anyone know the specifics on the factory amp? I know I am going to need an amp, just need to find one that will work.

Johnson8537

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still my original question has not been answered. Will this work with a non-Bose system?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Ok one other question. Does anyone know the specifics on the factory amp? I know I am going to need an amp, just need to find one that will work.

The link I sent you has a link to NON BOSE systems! I assume if they sell them for NON BOSE than it would work! Call Scott and tell him i sent you! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
he can answer all your questions about the NAV!