still more questions regarding my rear end drop... help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Dude thats perfectly fine having both, I was gonna tell you to do that.
But if you do, makesure the drop shock is for rides 2-3" and not 5", as 5" is way too small for use with extenders.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Dude thats perfectly fine having both, I was gonna tell you to do that.
But if you do, makesure the drop shock is for rides 2-3" and not 5", as 5" is way too small for use with extenders.

so if i use the 1" extension i have w/ a set of these

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...cks&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=1883

you think i would be doing allright??

i know this is rediculous, i just dont know shit about suspension... first timer here, im a motor person

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you guys have posted the link to it...I gotta go back through my threads and find it..but

the "free travel mod" is just... cutting the rear bump stops out and installing the new shorter ones?

I know the bump stops apparently bounce the vehicle back up...but it still seems like the truck sinks to far down while hitting dips regardless of how hard its pushed back up?
This is only my uneducated beliefs...you guys are the smart ones in these sections...Im just learning

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You don't need drop shocks and the tech is being a douche. You drive a 5000+lb suv the shit is not popping out...trust me I would know.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I know you guys have posted the link to it...I gotta go back through my threads and find it..but

the "free travel mod" is just... cutting the rear bump stops out and installing the new shorter ones?

I know the bump stops apparently bounce the vehicle back up...but it still seems like the truck sinks to far down while hitting dips regardless of how hard its pushed back up?
This is only my uneducated beliefs...you guys are the smart ones in these sections...Im just learning

You cut the entire bracket that holds the bump stop off with a sawzall or plasma torch......It gives you stock travel. I have the McGaugy's shocks and they are fine but then again I haven't tried any other shocks. You can install smaller bump stops on the frame after you cut the brackets. I didn't but I don't run my rear seats, spare tire, or tow hitch and I rarely have anyone besides my daughter in the back seat so bottoming out is not an issue. If you have weight in the back and a bunch of knuckleheads riding around with you I'd order a set of shorter bump stops, they mount right to the frame.:gayflag:

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
You don't need drop shocks and the tech is being a douche. You drive a 5000+lb suv the shit is not popping out...trust me I would know.

sweet, would you recomend me adding drop shocks and extenders either way?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No need for drop shocks until you lower it more, I'm running the bilsteins which are 1/2" shorter than stock with my 5"ish drop and belltech shock extensions...no issues and I drive the hell out of my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz