still more questions regarding my rear end drop... help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
so the tech from the shop called me again today to tell me that he doesn't feel like me rear end is safe. He is worried that it will bottom out then pop back up and lose the rear coil completely...

obviously drop shocks would make this a little better but can you guys give me a list of the things you do to make these rear drops safer? what do you guys who are dropping 5" or more in the rear doing to make this thing safer in the rear?

i am going to install 1" shock extenders, i hope this makes the truck safer...

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
are you saying the tech is just being WWAAYY over cautious and with the shock extenders i should be perfectly fine... or are you just bein hillarious as usual? :D

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock extenders will work fine man, sounds like he is just trying to cover his ass and be as cautious as possible. Many people here have run them at some point or another, including myself. Ran over many huge ass dips/bumps/children etc and was fine. Unless you plan to jump shit I would say your good.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you saying the tech is just being WWAAYY over cautious and with the shock extenders i should be perfectly fine... or are you just bein hillarious as usual? :D

He was saying his rear end isnt safe after gassy foods... (see::butt_Gas_drama)

You are being over cautious BUT a djm free travel mod would make it alot safer and ride alot better.. since it wont bounce off the bump stop anymore...

The real trick is for YOU not to install it :p

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Dude your fine, if its that serious go and buy some drop shocks to make the SUV sit on its ass better and safer like you said above.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
would repositioning the trailing arm help do anything for this?...

i just wanted to get a feel for everyone opinion and since i occasionally drive my 15 month old son around in this truck i want to make sure he is always safe

I am having a tough time finding JUST the rear drop shocks, everything i have found is complete kits... anyone know where to buy just the two rear drop shocks?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2, the truck is probably fine, but pick up some drop shocks for the rear - Stylin Trucks has some belltech drop shocks on sale for something like 22.00 each. Pick up 2 and you will sleep better.

I ran run 5" springs with drop shocks and shock extenders - no problems.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2, the truck is probably fine, but pick up some drop shocks for the rear - Stylin Trucks has some belltech drop shocks on sale for something like 22.00 each. Pick up 2 and you will sleep better.

I ran run 5" springs with drop shocks and shock extenders - no problems.

the belltechs are too soft.. imo

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly I need some pictures to advise you bro, it sounds like there is something not right here. Why on earth would your coils pop out if you have shocks? If you install extenders, in my opinion that would make whatever issue you are having worse - the extenders will allow for less rebound before the shock is at max length.

Again I don't want to comment either way as this is sounds like an install issue to me personally.

Pics please...just don't get under that truck again with a jack. Get the camera and stick it at the bottom of the coil and take a flash picture of the top. Then take a picture of the bottom of the coils. Snap a few of the rear end and the shocks too.

B

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

would repositioning the trailing arm help do anything for this?...

i just wanted to get a feel for everyone opinion and since i occasionally drive my 15 month old son around in this truck i want to make sure he is always safe

I am having a tough time finding JUST the rear drop shocks, everything i have found is complete kits... anyone know where to buy just the two rear drop shocks?

Get Belltech Street shocks from Stylin Trucks - great shocks and the stiffen up the ride and lessen the body roll.

2412FF is the part number if you are going with shock extenders.

B

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

the belltechs are too soft.. imo

Which shock set are you referring to? I just replaced my drop shocks and these BellTech Street Performance are considerably stiffer and I notice a decrease in body roll just from installing the rear set.

They are stiff enough that I have to replace my front shocks now to match the characteristics of the rears.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA