steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Timmy! Do you know if I can put on a wheel with stereo controls, and will it actually operate the stereo as well?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

BTW: Your truck is sick!

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timmy, you seem to know... whats different in the airbag plug from an 02 to and 03?

00-02 use a stage one style bag, 03+ use stage 2.

Thanks Timmy! Do you know if I can put on a wheel with stereo controls, and will it actually operate the stereo as well?

BTW: Your truck is sick!

actually, i have a clock spring for sale right now... you need to change the clock spring and steering wheel and have the BCM programmed by the dealership.

Before you ask, the clock spring is the coil that's in the steering column that allows the wires to turn without binding up or breaking. It's not hard to install AT ALL.

The BCM is the "brain" of your yukon. it sends signals for EVERYTHING you do.

shoot me a text if you have any questions regarding the interior of these trucks. 912 294 7207.

i've taken my truck from WT to LT so, i know a thing or two. ;)

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Yeah, I've done a few builds myself.

Thanks for the offer, and the info, but IMO it's not worth the effort. I'm just gonna get a nice DD with a remote. I've been wanting to do a dvd & nav system anyway.

Good lookin' out on the #. I may actually use that when I finally get around to pimpin' the inside.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and, if you go dd, i just got the new kenwood ddx-516. i love it. if i had to do it agian though, i'd get the dnx-9140

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checkin' out now. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

I like it!

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's pricey, but worth it. are you doing the install yourself because i have my stereo guy that'll give you a decent price if you want.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's okay. I'm MECP. Thanks though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts