Steering wheel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White2010PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Tahoe with the base steering wheel in it. I want to add one with volume controls as well. I know I can find one at a junkyard or offline and just plug and play with it. My question is will a steering wheel from the 2014 and up body style plug and play with our year models? We have a silverado at work thats in that year range and I love the way the steering wheel feels. I figured if I was gonna replace it why not go with one thats a little more to my liking.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say NO to you being able to use the 2015+ up body style steering wheel.
Everything is totally different

Aljoseph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can use any from 2007-2014, nothing after body style steering wheel, is different.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely cannot use a 15+ steering wheel. None of the buttons will work and the airbag connectors are different and swapping in different airbags could be a major safety concern anyway.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Sent ya a pm

I have a 2009 Tahoe with the base steering wheel in it. I want to add one with volume controls as well. I know I can find one at a junkyard or offline and just plug and play with it. My question is will a steering wheel from the 2014 and up body style plug and play with our year models? We have a silverado at work thats in that year range and I love the way the steering wheel feels. I figured if I was gonna replace it why not go with one thats a little more to my liking.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you search the forum Kevin? I seem to remember someone doing this or at least starting such a project a couple of years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01